PG Music Home
Posted By: deltagolf Some more soloists "at work" - 08/15/10 12:10 PM
I like going to concerts and gigs. Quite often I attend venues where they play old fashioned Jazz or Dixieland. With this piece I again tried to capture the sound and feeling one gets when listening right in front of an Old Time Jazz Band.

I don't have access anymore to the original BIAB file. But the soloists are all the "Soloist Older" versions, which fit this type of music very well. Very charming playing there. Rather than mute/unmute the tracks on single bars, I let BIAB create all solo voices for the whole length of the tune and edited the tracks afterward via automation (volume curves). A true case of "Look Ma, no MIDI"

Daniel

http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewprivtrack.php?trackid=56030
Posted By: Shockwave199 Re: Some more soloists "at work" - 08/16/10 06:32 AM
This is really well done. I like it. You certainly mixed it to sound and feel live. Great job with that! You whipped up a great track!

Dan
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Some more soloists "at work" - 08/16/10 04:42 PM
well done! This is surely the sort of thing that PGMusic hoped for when they created this forum! It really showcases the possibilities that the software makes available to us as musicians/song writers/ recording engineers etc

Congratulations to you for a nice example, and to PGMusic for making it all possible!
Posted By: deltagolf Re: Some more soloists "at work" - 08/17/10 05:28 AM
Thank you Pat and Dan.
I did some slight re-mixing this morning (drums, panning & reverb).
Cheers, Daniel
© PG Music Forums