PG Music Home
Posted By: furry Olt time waltzes - 08/27/10 10:46 AM
Here's a set of waltzes I've played for dancers many times in the past and more recently a few weeks ago !
Bonnie Galloway, Daisy Bell, Northern lights of old Aberdeen & the Four Marys.
Piano, bass & drum backing were generated by band in a box, fiddle was played on my small midi keyboard using the reason 3 synth.
Lead & 2nd accordions were done by myself of course. Play
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Olt time waltzes - 08/27/10 01:38 PM
Furry,

I have great respect for anyone who can play the accordion as well as you! I've tried more than once to get a musical sound out of that instrument, and it's harder than one might think. There's just too much going on at once for a person of my inability. Your songs sound very good to my ears! Thanks for posting!
Posted By: furry Re: Olt time waltzes - 08/27/10 02:21 PM
Thanks a lot Pat
Posted By: MarioD Re: Olt time waltzes - 08/27/10 08:57 PM
My all time favorite accordionist does it again! Great job!

On a side note I had to stay with my 93-year-old mother last week and she loves to watch the Lawrence Welk song; this is in the USA so hopefully you have heard of him. Lawrence and two other accordionists did a solo. I said I know a fellow from the internet that can play as good as if not better than those three. She said I’d like to hear him so the next day at my house I played her some of your music. She looked at me and said, “Damn he is good”! Now when mom says you’re good you’re good!
Posted By: furry Re: Olt time waltzes - 08/27/10 10:53 PM
Thanks Mario, I've watched a lot of The Lawrence Welk programmes on you tube and have become a fan of the late Myron Floren, who did a lot of work with him. I just wish variety shows like that were on the box today instead of the crap they churn out.
I've been watching & learning a lot from the pair of them and will be posting some good toe tapping polkas & rag numbers I've been playing. Watch this space !!!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Olt time waltzes - 08/28/10 12:40 AM
Quote:

I just wish variety shows like that were on the box today instead of the crap they churn out.

You've got that right my friend!

I'll be watching!
Posted By: RickeG Re: Olt time waltzes - 09/10/10 02:01 AM
One of the things I love about the internet is the chance to hear music from people around the world and the cultures that come with it. Your song brought back memories of my mother while in Germany during the Oktoberfest. There were loads of accordions all using 3/4 (waltz) time. Of course, this is going back to the late 60's so I cannot speak for those fests today. What a happy time. I cannot imagine the accordion ever producing a sad song.

Thanks Furry for sharing!
RickeG
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Olt time waltzes - 09/10/10 05:15 AM
Sounds great Graham!
© PG Music Forums