PG Music Home
Posted By: Buford New Original Song "Someday" - 08/27/10 05:08 PM
Is there anything BIAB CAN'T do??? I was looking for a western swing style for a new song and came across "C_LSHUFF Line Dance Shuffle" SD#7. Pefect fit. It gave me a chance to record my Mullen G2 (pedal steel) for the first time and also showcase some new material.

To get the most mileage out of a song, as someone already mentioned on here, it's good to try to write in such a way as to appeal to the broadest spectrum of society. This song was demoed using both male and female vocals and both links are available here along with a lyrics link for those who like to read the words.

I'd like the thank the young lady who used our song on her demo, Jenny Pforr, who's now signed to Arison records, a Christian label out of Nashville. Search for Jenny on YouTube to hear more of this incredible talent.

Song Link (Male Vocal): Someday

Song Link (Female Vocal): Someday (feat. Jenny Pforr)

Lyrics Link: Someday.DOC

Enjoy,

Bob Buford, Producer
Summertown Recording Studios
Fort Collins, Colorado
Posted By: occ Re: New Original Song "Someday" - 08/27/10 05:17 PM
Great sound!! And you sing in good tune. You did very good on the steel. Sounds like you are recording in more than just a home studio. occ
Posted By: George Nelson Re: New Original Song "Someday" - 08/27/10 05:24 PM
Hi Bob,

I prefer the Male vocal, not because it's better, just that it seems to fit better.
Although the Female version is very very good, and she has intonation to spare.
I did notice that both singers varied slightly from the lyrics but hey so what.
As to the lyrics, well they could mean a secret love affair or finding new love as the old one was lost (to me anyway)
That's what is great about lyrics, they say different things to different people.

Best regards
Michee
Posted By: Buford Re: New Original Song "Someday" - 08/27/10 05:58 PM
Hey guys...thanks for the response. I thought about singing a duet with Jenny on this song but she could absolutely bury me vocally...so I waited till she was gone.

I love that people get different things from lyrics. It's like a little extra perk for the songwriter. I've had people tell me they got a particular something out of a song that wasn't even close to what I thought I wrote. But hey, meaning is where you find it.

Bob
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Original Song "Someday" - 08/27/10 08:42 PM
Hi Bob,

I also prefer the male singer as I feel it fits better. However Jenny is one fantastic singer it’s just I don’t feel that this song is not female singers song. Just my two cents!

Great chops on that steel man.

If you keep writing them like this I expect to hear you name on GAC and CMT!
Posted By: Buford Re: New Original Song "Someday" - 08/27/10 09:08 PM
Jenny had two original songs and Patsy Cline's "Crazy" for her demo, but wanted another tune. We had just completed "Someday" and she listened and liked it so we added it to the demo. Not sure now that it was the best choice, but it helped her get signed in Nashville, so...whatever works, I guess.

I love steel. If I could only play one instrument with virtosity that would be the one. I have miles to go.

Thanks,
Bob
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Original Song "Someday" - 08/27/10 10:02 PM
Quote:

Jenny had two original songs and Patsy Cline's "Crazy" for her demo, but wanted another tune. We had just completed "Someday" and she listened and liked it so we added it to the demo. Not sure now that it was the best choice, but it helped her get signed in Nashville, so...whatever works, I guess.

I love steel. If I could only play one instrument with virtosity that would be the one. I have miles to go.

Thanks,
Bob

I very glad she got signed as she does have a fantastic voice!
Plus you are doing very well at the steel. It sounded like a pro to me!
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Original Song "Someday" - 08/28/10 02:29 AM
Hi Bob,
I liked both versions. Personally I would've added some harmony vox for more punch. Congrats to Jenny. Nice job on the steel.
Posted By: Buford Re: New Original Song "Someday" - 08/28/10 03:35 AM
Hi Josie....you're right! And it's not too late to add some harmonies!!

Thanks,
Bob
© PG Music Forums