PG Music Home
Hi folks.

OK, this is my first proper attempt for recording a full track with Band in a Box.

I used the melody creator to do the whole track.

I replaced the bass, drums and guitar with real tracks and drums and added a Sax Solo.

I exported the midi tracks into Sonar and replaced the melody with a sparkly piano sound and the electric piano with an acoustic.

I imported the real track/drums into sonar and applied compression and other processing bits and bobs.

I actually imported two real bass tracks. As you'll hear, there's a slap bass section during the Sax solo.

Before saving the real tracks/drums as wave files, I removed any reverb, put their volumes up to full and centered them all so that I could control their level and panning from within Sonar.

It's still a little bit messy mix wise, but I think it could work up into something worth listening to.

http://soundcloud.com/the-karmistry-project/finding-the-setting-sun

If you explore my Soundcloud page, you'll see that this isn't my usual style at all.

My aim for BIAB and Real Tracks is to produce Royalty Free music.

Interested in your comments.

Cheers
Darren
Very good first go! You will find that BiaB will cause you to explore genres and styles you would not normally consider only because the parts come with the package. Judging from the chord phrasings it sounds even though this may not be your genre you organize the phrases well.

I think you are going to have a good time exploring in BiaB. And I look forward to your future compositions!

Cheers!
RickeG
Hi.

Many thanks.

I think understanding song structure and some music theory is essential to get the best from Band in a Box.

So although PG Music says you don't need to be a musician, it really does pay off if you are.

I'm actually looking forward to integrating BIAB with my usual electronic style to create tracks that are both synthetic and organic.

Thanks again for taking a listen.

Cheers
Darren
Hi folks.

Following feedback from here and various other avenues, I've remixed the track completely.

http://soundcloud.com/the-karmistry-project/finding-the-setting-sun

I think it was just too busy initially. Just got a bit carried away.

Any and all comments appreciated.

Cheers
Darren
Hi Darren,

This is extremely well assembled. I did not hear the first version so I can't draw any comparisons but I really like what I hear in this version.

Regards,
Noel
Hi.

Many thanks, I appreciate that.

Cheers
Darren
Great job!

Super mix!

Two thumbs up 'cause I live this genre of music!
© PG Music Forums