PG Music Home
Posted By: Jan Romanoff New song: All I Want Is You - 09/19/10 05:49 PM
Hi All

Appreciate any comments and critque on my new song " All I Want Is You ".
Here's the details:
Key: D - Style (not sure)
RT: El Bass #534 sw 65 - Drums: Jazz Brushes - Ac Guitar Fingerpck #526 Hank SW 65 - El Guitar CtrSW #968 Sw 85.
Midi: Lead guitar - strings - pad - choir
Lyrics from the web.
I guess the song is a bit unconventional. My plan was to make a very simple song with a acoustic guitar, bass and drums - it turned out to be something else.

Thanks
Jan
Posted By: DrDan Re: New song: All I Want Is You - 09/19/10 09:42 PM
Nice job. I would recommend bringing those vocals up out of the mix. They are buried too much and so it is diffcult to hear the verse. Probably too much FX on them also - is that reverb?, a little goes a long way. Cleaner vocals is better.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New song: All I Want Is You - 09/19/10 11:17 PM
Jan,

I liked this song. I know the usual observations about reverb on vocals, but this mix had a Euro sound to it that I really like... partly because of the reverb. I especially liked the female voice in the background and the way it was placed in the verse.

Your intro said that the lead guitar was midi, but it didn't sound like MIDI to me... can you tell a little about what synth and patch you used and how it was processed (effects?)

As far as the song being unconventional is concerned, what does that mean in a creative sense? That it defies classification in a genre? However you might classify it, it sounded good to me.
Posted By: Sundance Re: New song: All I Want Is You - 09/20/10 04:16 AM
Sounded like some TP vox effects as well. I admit I wasn't too crazy about the soprano at the very beginning of the song but that's just me and I liked the rest of the arrangement. Ethereal and ambiant. Different in a very nice sounding way.
Posted By: George Nelson Re: New song: All I Want Is You - 09/20/10 08:52 AM
Hi Jan,

I like this song.
It has a very laid-back mood.
I would agree that you need to back off of the reverb a little and bring your vocals to the fore.

Well done

Best regards
Michee
Posted By: Jan Romanoff Re: New song: All I Want Is You - 09/20/10 09:27 PM
Thank you Jazzmandan, Pat and Josie for taking your time to comment on my song. I'm not really satisfied with the vocal track, I did some additional tweakings, still not very good. (if you like you could give it a second listen)

Josie you didn't like the 'screaming women', I couldn't help trying them off in the tune :-)

Pat, the lead guitar is from East West' library - quite impressive synth.

Thanks again

Jan
Posted By: Sundance Re: New song: All I Want Is You - 09/24/10 02:54 AM
Jan,
In the end it's what you want that counts. I listened to the new mix but I am now jaded because I really liked the reverb on the first one. I thought it added to the ambiance of the song. It's a really beautiful melody and I like the lyrics too. So you'll have to live with it awhile and decide which way you like best. Decisions decisions. grin.
© PG Music Forums