PG Music Home
Posted By: Marty Wittmann New BIAB Country Crossover Song - 10/01/10 05:08 PM
This is my latest song using BIAB, Real Tracks, Yamaha keyboard,Guitar and vocals. It is a country waltz custom style. I appreciate any feedback
Thanks,
Marty
Click on: Why Did We Let It Go This Far
http://mgwitt.webplus.net/listen.html
Posted By: occ Re: New BIAB Country Crossover Song - 10/01/10 06:42 PM
Marty, this was really good. The singing was perfect, the music was great, and the mix was right on. I liked the lyrics to. occ
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: New BIAB Country Crossover Song - 10/02/10 02:48 AM
Thanks OCC. I wrote the song several years ago and revamped it. It was midi before Real Tracks. Gotta love RT's.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: New BIAB Country Crossover Song - 10/02/10 04:44 AM
Very nice Mr Marty. I like the rhythm and timing in this, very beautifully done. Everything sounded great to me and you have a great song here. I love how you put this together as well. Way to go !!

Trax
Posted By: Shockwave199 Re: New BIAB Country Crossover Song - 10/02/10 04:46 AM
I like this one. Willy Nelson comes to mind. I think he'd do a nice job on this one. Nice work!

Dan
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New BIAB Country Crossover Song - 10/02/10 02:16 PM
Nice song Marty! Message is kind of a bummer, but it's true to genre. Solid performance! You have a relaxed easy-listenin' vocal style. I assume you played the guitar solo in the middle... very appropriate. By any chance, were the strings played on your keyboard? or were they from a style? (if so, which one?)

all in all a very nice composition in every way.
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: New BIAB Country Crossover Song - 10/02/10 06:59 PM
Thanks guys. You are all too kind. Pat. The strings were on my keyboard midi (Ketron sd2) slow strings. I did the guitar solo.
Marty
Posted By: MarioD Re: New BIAB Country Crossover Song - 10/02/10 08:23 PM
Marty, it’s all been said, great backing tracks, super vox and outstanding mix. All I can add is super chops man! Love that guitar break! My only suggestion would be to replace your ending and have your guitar end the song. I think that would be the icing on the cake!

Super song and outstanding job!
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: New BIAB Country Crossover Song - 10/02/10 09:15 PM
Thanks Mario. I agree with you about the ending. I am going to change it. I have had mixed feelings about the "oboe" after listening to the tracks a few times.
Thanks
© PG Music Forums