PG Music Home
Posted By: Mr_Songman Bad Her Day - Country Song - 10/05/10 10:43 AM
Hi guys,

I received some very complimentary comments with my last post,for which I thank you all. But more importantly I garnered some helpful and constructive comments regarding the sound. In particular, my habit of burying the vocal a little too deep in the mix.

I'm still no expert at this mixing malarkey as some of you obviously are, I've heard some great stuff on here, but I think I've improved.

This is a track from my Country page on Soundclick. I used the CBALAD2 style from RealTracks.

I'd appreciate you lending me your ears once again and letting me know if I'm on the right track - pardon the pun - with my efforts.

Thanks again guys - hope you lke it.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9481089

All the best

Martin
Posted By: Shockwave199 Re: Bad Her Day - Country Song - 10/06/10 01:59 AM
Martin, this is a great track. Whatever can be said about the mix or anything- which is good, the vocal is delivered very, very well. And the bottom line is always, the lead vocal is king and must be solid. You nailed that for sure. About the best compliment I can give you is that I'm compelled to listen again. That's saying something important. Otherwise, it would be just another one that drops off the map before the track reaches the end. I didn't fast forward through the tune and I didn't jump to the end to wrap it up. I was held, and compelled to listen again. That is saying something. That's all any of us wants.

Very nice job!

Dan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Bad Her Day - Country Song - 10/06/10 02:38 PM
Quote:

I'm still no expert at this mixing malarkey as some of you obviously are, I've heard some great stuff on here, but I think I've improved.

Martin

Martin, consider yourself an expert.

You nailed this one!

EXCELLENT!
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Bad Her Day - Country Song - 10/08/10 04:09 PM

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much fr your very kind words. I'm glad you liked the song and thank you for taking the time to listen and to comment.

I agree with you wholeheartledly with your "lead vocal is king" comment. It's just taken me a while to get there soundwise.

And as you say, we're happy to know our songs are being listened to from beginning to end. And I'm happy indeed.

Thanks again for listening!

Martin
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Bad Her Day - Country Song - 10/08/10 04:11 PM

Hi Mario

Thanks for that! Not sure I deserve the "expert" tag but I'll take it gratefully and run with it!!!
© PG Music Forums