PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD How I practice with BiaB - a new song - 10/05/10 06:29 PM
There has been some talk about jazz on Kara-Moon so I thought I would show them how I’m practicing jazz with Band-in-a-Box.. I brought the song Sentimental Journey into Band-in-a Box and regenerated it using RealTracks in the Jazz Swing Style. I brought the tracks into Sonar and eliminated the melody and played a different melody so I could post it. This is basically one pass with just a couple of measure’s punch ins and outs to replay some sloppy timing parts. I only did that because I knew I was going to post it; normally when I practice I don’t post. Total time from start to finish was two and a half hours.

So the drums, piano and bass are Band-in-a-Box backing tracks and I’m playing the guitar. I call the song Taking a Journey

I hope you like it for what it is.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: How I practice with BiaB - a new song - 10/06/10 12:11 AM
Without your introduction, I'd have never known the chords came from Sentimental Journey. Great way to get ideas for new songs!
Posted By: MarioD Re: How I practice with BiaB - a new song - 10/06/10 02:45 PM
Thanx Pat.

When I usually practice I’ll take a song and repeat it 3-5 times. The first and last time I’ll play the melody. I’ll jam the other choruses.

Thanx for listening.
© PG Music Forums