PG Music Home
Posted By: Marty Wittmann My Latest New Country Tune - 10/17/10 12:18 PM
Hello Friends,
Wow, BIAB is such a great program. Without it none of the great music we all enjoy from musicians on this forum would be enjoyed. Thanks BIAB gurus!

This is my latest new song, Love Don't Live Here Anymore. It has a more 70's country feel to it. BIAB did all the "playing" other than vocals and lead guitar. Please add comments. It is much appreciated.
Marty
http://mgwitt.webplus.net/listen.html (Love Don't Live Here Anymore)
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/17/10 01:33 PM
Marty,

Dang, it's fun listening to your songs! Nice job! I like the key change. Vocals and lead guitar are especially nice, but you also did a great job of weaving the background into the perfect mix.

Do you play live, or do you mostly record? I bet this song would be well-received in a live venue.
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/17/10 04:06 PM
Thanks Pat. I played live for about 25 years. Now I mostly just write and record. Its so much nicer dealing with BIAB than with musicians. You don't have to feed BIAB, BIAB is always sober, BIAB will practice anytime and always show up. LOL!

The only problem is now that I am writing, arranging and producing my guitar chops are suffering a lot.

Thanks again for listening and GOD Bless.
Marty
Posted By: Sundance Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/17/10 05:00 PM
Hi Marty,
Wow. That could have come right off 70"s HeeHaw and I mean that as a big compliment. I like the subtle humor in the lyrics. The mix and arrangement sparkles. Well done.
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/17/10 05:57 PM
Hi Josie,
Thanks for listening. I have been following your work and I must say it is impressive. I am awaiting your next song. I appreciate your complements and it means a great deal coming from you and the folks in the forum. Lots of support here.
Marty
Posted By: Shockwave199 Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/18/10 03:06 AM
Jeez Marty- fantastic! Wow....just WOW! Very good stuff right there. It has a classic feel built right in and that's because of your vocal mostly. If you had someone else cut that vocal, it would lose all it's charm. You have a special thing going Marty. Stay on that roll my friend!

The one thing I've noticed is endings though, from more than one user. This is a biab functional thing, I believe. It would help the user base if all real tracks could follow specific endings cohesively- as a group. I know there were some updates to older RT's endings and stuff- something like that. But at the moment, trying to end a song without a fade can be problematic unless you have some extra drum software to follow what the instruments are doing. Your ending doesn't sound bad though Marty. In this case, it works. But knowing the software it sticks out as something that can work sometimes, but for the most part needs to be addressed on PG's side. And I think it comes down to drum endings following what's going on with everything else instrument wise.

But that doesn't take anything away from this great work Marty. Great music!

Dan
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/18/10 10:33 AM
Good to hear from you Dan,
Thanks for the kudos! I totally agree that the endings in BIAB are the weakest link in an otherwise great program. I think I will experiment and use the drums in my keyboard to see If I can improve the endings and in some cases get crisper breaks in songs. But I remember when BIAB was all midi and all I used it for was backing tracks to practice guitar. It's come light years since then. Most of my songs I go to fade used from my DAW edits. But maybe I just need to think out of the box a bit and come up with more creative ways to end.

Have a great day my friend and thanks for your time and comments.
Marty
Posted By: Noel96 Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/18/10 11:13 AM
Hi Marty,

I've just finished listening to your song and I can't help myself. I've just got to add another "Wow" to the huge collection your already have It's all been said. This is one fantastic piece of work on every level imaginable. You've got a standing ovation from me!

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Shockwave199 Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/19/10 01:11 AM
There may be some drums in a keyboard or keyboard type workstation. I have a korg trinity that I'm sure has sounds that can match, but I've been using ezdrummer as a suppliment when needed in spots. It matches well with real drums, and I get to stay in software land. A lot of times it comes down to fills, kick drum, and cymbals for support when real drums becomes hard to get a little more customization. And for endings, it really only comes down to kick drum and cymbals mixed in ever so carefully to make everything come together. I really love real drums, but a little extra from drum software to help things along is a good thing, I'm finding.

Dan
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/19/10 02:02 AM
Thank you so much Noel. It means a lot coming from you.
Marty
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/19/10 02:05 AM
That seems that EZ Drummer may be a better option. I am using Reaper for my editor and have seen some back and forth about it. I will investigate it.
Marty
Posted By: jford Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/20/10 02:31 AM
Hi, Marty -

This was great. Loved the line "me and my truck are movin' on".
Posted By: MarioD Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/20/10 06:40 PM
Quote:

Now I mostly just write and record. Its so much nicer dealing with BIAB than with musicians. You don't have to feed BIAB, BIAB is always sober, BIAB will practice anytime and always show up. LOL!
Marty

This is the identical reason I don't play out anymore! Plus I can now play what I want to and not what John Q Public wants to hear! BiaB made this all possible.

Now for your song; I agree with everything said thus far. Great vocal, super lyrics and outstanding choice of backing tracks. Add me to WOW group.

Two thumbs up
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: My Latest New Country Tune - 10/20/10 09:01 PM
Ain't it GRRRREAT! I love BIAB and this weekend I am going to get the latest RTracks, 83-101. Mario, you and John are always supporting the forum and I want you to know how much it is appreciated. GOD bless both of you and future BIAB works!
Marty
© PG Music Forums