PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Ancient Babylon by PSR - 10/26/10 01:08 PM
SteveS and BobH wrote “ Ancient Babylon ” about 25 years ago as a folk song using just an acoustic guitar. We brought it more up-tempo and added a bunch of instrumentation in this version. We feel the words are still relevant today.

PGMusic’s 10 band EQ and PeakLimit were used in this recording.

Let us know what you think and as always constructive criticism is welcomed.
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: Ancient Babylon by PSR - 10/26/10 07:18 PM
Mario,

I thought this was pretty cool. The lead vocal seems a little buried in the mix, but that may have been what you were going for. If it was me I'd bump it up a little bit or reduce the guitar track on the right a little. JMHO

I really like the backing tracks. Are they all RT's?

Greg
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Ancient Babylon by PSR - 10/26/10 08:33 PM
Mario . . . kudos to you and da boyz, this another wonderful effort by PSR.

Later,
Posted By: jim111 Re: Ancient Babylon by PSR - 10/26/10 10:19 PM
Hi Mario,

Very good. I also agree about the words being relevant today. I don't have any constructive criticisms--every thing sounds good on my system.

I do have a subjective criticism though. It's the synth sound. For me it gets a little too thin in places and (if it was me) I would look at some other synth patches to replace it. But as I said, that's just being nit-picky and going by what I would like and not necessarily what someone else would like. lol

As Danny C. said above "kudos to you and da boyz". Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Later,
Jim
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: Ancient Babylon by PSR - 10/26/10 10:32 PM
Great arrangement Mario. I really like the POP in the drums. Are these tracks live? Great sound.
Marty
Posted By: MarioD Re: Ancient Babylon by PSR - 10/28/10 01:00 PM
Thanx all for listening and the great reviews and suggestions.

Greg – I will bring the vocals up a tad.

Jim – We listened to a lot of synth sounds prior to picking this one however we will take another look at either some phatter ones or phatting this one.

Marty – no not live drums. The drum midi tracks came from Groove Monkee and the drum sounds came from Stephen Slate’s vintage set, a set for Kontakt. These are my favorite drum sounds so thanx for noticing.
© PG Music Forums