PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Lost Soul - 10/29/10 09:55 PM
Lost Soul is a song I’ve been working on for a couple of weeks. I tried to capture the spirit of a very sad individual who on occasion breaks out of his sadness to enjoy a few moments of life, only to go back into depression.

This song started in PGMusic’s Band-in-a-box using the “clouds – slow ev. 8 pop” style, then brought into Sonar and morphed into this.

Let me know what you think.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Lost Soul - 10/29/10 11:07 PM
Nice canvas to paint upon with the guitar. Thats the image I get when listening. The backing lays down a warm pallet and then the guitar paints a picture over it.

Was that a pan flute?
Posted By: Powderman Re: Lost Soul - 10/30/10 02:10 AM
Mario,

You nailed another one - my bride came through the room while I was listening - took my cans for a listen and gave you a thumbs up.

Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: Lost Soul - 10/30/10 07:43 AM
Mario,

That was very cool. (maybe just a little long) ...But I most definately enjoyed it!

Nice Job,

Greg
Posted By: Skyline Re: Lost Soul - 10/30/10 03:55 PM
Very nice work, Mario.
As usual, very original and intriguing to listen to. You're well into your film soundtrack phase!

John
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: Lost Soul - 10/30/10 05:31 PM
Nice flow and mix. I love the space each instrument has in the song. Good song Mario. Keep up the good work.
Marty
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Soul - 10/30/10 07:57 PM
Thanx all for listening and the very kind reviews.

Jazzmandan – no that is an Ocarina. It is an instrument I purchased for Kontakt 4 and I play using my wind instrument. I really like the sound of it; it is very expressive.

Powderman – be sure to thank the bride for me.

Greg, Jon and Marty, thank you for the very kind words.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Lost Soul - 10/30/10 09:03 PM
Hi Mario,

I found this work very emotive. You really have an excellent knack for music that captures a mood. Have you ever thought creating your own mini-film clips, slide shows to accompany your songs? I'd love to watch something while your music is playing. The sounds you find an assemble are very visual.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Soul - 11/01/10 10:27 PM
Thanx Noel for the very kind review.

I have thought about adding some visuals to some of my music but I haven’t acted on it yet. I kind of like to let my mind visualize moods.
Posted By: jim111 Re: Lost Soul - 11/02/10 02:58 AM
Hi Mario,

Wow! Slight dash of Montenegro in a neat little mood tune. I really enjoy listening to this.
Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Jim
© PG Music Forums