PG Music Home
Posted By: gibson lest we forget - 11/14/10 12:03 PM
Death of noone
I went to the Portsmouth Naval memorial , UK, with my Father in law many years ago and it was the only time I saw him cry.
This is for all those brave men and women who gave their lives.
And for those who still fight the battles in their heads. Including my friends Kerry and Gary
Posted By: Skyline Re: lest we forget - 11/14/10 01:21 PM
The debt can never be repaid.
I heard today that the Poppy Appeal sold a record 40 million poppies this year, an all time record, with next year's stocks being broken into to meet the demand. I've noticed whilst out and about how many young people are sporting their poppies, something you didn't see in years gone by as the two World Wars recede into history. But recent conflicts, and the daily losses in Afghanistan, are touching many families now and there is a sad relevance now for many.
My father in law passed away a few weeks ago. He was a quiet man and didn't talk about his war. I know a lot more about him now from papers we've found. He was a commando, fought in many WW11 theatres, culminating in the Arnhem debacle, parachuted in early to remove German sabotage charges from bridges. He was taken prisoner, escaped, was recaptured and sent to Stalag Luft 3, a few months after The Great Escape from there. He was put on the Long March into deeper Germany, to watch many of his comrades die of cold, exhaustion and ill-treatment. He escaped from the Long March and shortly after met with advancing Russian troops.
No, the debt can never be repaid.
Posted By: MarioD Re: lest we forget - 11/20/10 08:03 PM
This is one great tribute to our fallen heroes.

I hope this gets more airplay. Have you sent it to other forums? Facebook? Youtube? If not you should.

Two Thumbs Up!
© PG Music Forums