PG Music Home
Posted By: melodeo New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/15/10 12:52 AM
This is a song I started for my daughter's wedding this summer, but didn't get finished until now. Since she was married in Floyd, VA, which is well known for its bluegrass and mountain music, I decided to incorporate some of those influences in my compositions. That's where RealTracks really came in handy. The fiddle and res guitar are RealTracks (so far, nothing in my RealTracks collection compares to the solo fiddle). Hope you enjoy it...

Mel

www.facebook.com/aarkmusic
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/15/10 12:29 PM
Mel, nice - very smooth. I enjoyed it.

Bob
Posted By: retake Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/15/10 09:19 PM
Mel, I enjoyed the song especially the intro. I checked out some of your other songs and really like your Christian songs. Did you write those? They are very good. Jono Aggett has a great voice.

Steve
Posted By: melodeo Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/15/10 10:24 PM
Bob and Steve,

Thanks very much for the feedback. In answer to your question, Steve, I did write the Jono Aggett songs and co-produced the CD. I've been planning to do some vocal material in my home studio, but it's much more of a hassle than doing instrumentals. Hopefully soon...

Mel
Posted By: dcuny Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/16/10 06:38 AM
Nice! I like the variety, and your mix is very clean.

What are those sampled strings? They sound a lot like Mellotron strings, but they're a lot cleaner samples than I'm used the hearing.
Posted By: melodeo Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/16/10 02:56 PM
The strings are from Dimension Pro. I have several strings samples, although not high-end stuff, but Dim Pro is easily my favorite.

Mel
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/17/10 11:39 AM
very nice collection of songs, Mel! Top notch!
Posted By: Jeff Payne Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/20/10 12:26 AM
Mel,

You are easily the most talented writer/producer I have heard on this forum. It is a night and day difference. Congratulations on your very fine work.

I love the vocalist you are using on some of the Christian songs as well.
Posted By: tributeman Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/20/10 02:47 PM
Hi Mel for some unknown reason the track doesnt play for me,Frankie
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/20/10 07:27 PM
Mel, this was fantastic. A great mix with very diverse instrumentation.

You are one talented songwriter!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/20/10 07:38 PM
Mel,

This is good stuff! I am listening to more of your music as I type (Final Destination) very moving, and very well done from the git go. Also kudos to Jono Aggett's performance on Final Destination. The guitar work and arrangement in general on this tune are second to none. You should be very proud of this work.

Later,
Posted By: melodeo Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/21/10 01:09 AM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the encouragement. I'm still struggling with the technical side of home recording. The vocal songs on my site involved a professional producer, where I could tell him what I wanted and he could make it happen. I'm not there yet in my home studio, so I've learned to compose and record more on the fly. I seem to get better results when I'm not sure at the start what I'm trying to do. Can anyone else relate to the gap between imagination and ability?

Mel
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New Song: "Dodd Creek" - 11/21/10 03:43 PM
Mel,

You have a PM.

Later,
© PG Music Forums