PG Music Home
Posted By: retake Original Bluegrass song - 11/17/10 10:23 PM
I have tried something new. I have normally written slower songs but this time I wanted to write something a little faster.

The name of the song is, "Jesus, He is Enough" - - -> http://www.box.net/shared/fnzecgz2ez

I hope you like it. I used all Real Tracks: (Except for the train whistle. It took a while to find one in the correct key)

Bass 538, Acoustic, Pop Sw 190 Byron House
Mandolin 611, Rhythm Fast Chop Sw 190 Jack Pearson
Guitar 374, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 190 Jason Roller
Guitar 376, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 190 Jason Roller
Guitar 946, Electric, Rhythm MemphisCleanShort Sw 190 Jason Roller
RealDrums, NashvilleBrushesClassicShuffle Sw 8 Brian Fullen

Those boys can really play!

The vocals are: my daughter Lauren, my music minister Paul & me.

Thanks for listening,
Steve
Posted By: rsdean Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/18/10 01:14 AM
Steve, excellent song! It reminds me of an old Statler Brothers record - great stuff!

Bob
Posted By: DRiddle Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/18/10 01:47 AM
WOW, I really like that!!!
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/18/10 04:09 AM
Hey Steve,
I really liked the song. Great vocals and excellent writing. The song had nice flow and had my foot tapping! Good work.
Marty
Posted By: Sundance Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/18/10 05:22 AM
Hey Steve,
Took me right back to the old camp meeting dinner on the ground days of my childhood. You nailed it. Well done.
Posted By: retake Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/18/10 03:02 PM
Bob, Danny, Marty & Josie,

Thanks for such great comments. I have never written anything in this style before so I really got out of my box on this one. It is really fun singing this style of music.

Steve
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/19/10 05:06 AM
Hi Steve,

Wow!!! This is a brilliant song. You really have developed expertise in writing, performing and mixing. There's absolutely nothing that I'd change. Like Marty, my foot just wouldn't stop tapping.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/19/10 06:21 AM
Well it's all pretty much been said, but I have to agree. Great Job! I really liked the vocals, nice harmony.

Take Care,

Greg
Posted By: dcuny Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/19/10 07:11 AM
Bob said it - you've got the Statler Brothers sound.

I love the enthusiasm of the singing, and the "bass" line "He is enough" got me laughing each time, because the singer sounds like he's having a great time.
Posted By: retake Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/19/10 04:01 PM
Noel, Greg & Dcuny, thank you guys for listening and for the nice comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Paul did the bass line "He is enough". He did not like it and wanted to redo it but I thought it was alright. We may redo it later.

Steve
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/19/10 05:52 PM
Hi Steve,

You just found a "new" genre to add to your song list.
Isn't the software just great that it lets you try out all sorts of new genre styles.

You did a very good job with this song.
Kudos to all three of you, your daughter Lauren, your music minister Paul and yourself.

Best regards
Michee
Posted By: MarioD Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/20/10 07:50 PM
Quote:

Hey Steve,
I really liked the song. Great vocals and excellent writing. The song had nice flow and had my foot tapping! Good work.
Marty

I agree with Marty

I will add that I had a big smile on my face during the entire song.

EXCELLENT!
Posted By: retake Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/22/10 02:47 AM
Michee, I love the peppiness and harmonies of the Bluegrass genre. However, with my limited instrumental abilities I would have never attempted it. BIAB RealTracks are absolutely amazing! I will relay your comments to the rest of the trio.

Mario, I am very pleased it put a smile on your face. I was hoping that everyone would enjoy listening to this song as much as we enjoy singing it.

Thank you,
Steve
Posted By: Powderman Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/22/10 03:31 AM
Steve,

Great work. Super vocals - great composition - superb mix.

Just a great listen

Keep 'em coming
Posted By: retake Re: Original Bluegrass song - 11/22/10 06:10 PM
Thank you Powderman

Steve
© PG Music Forums