PG Music Home
Really had fun putting this song together. I recorded the vocals all basically in one pass, so please forgive my mistakes. This is a demo for my quartet so I can teach them their parts. Hope you enjoy it. All real tracks, high energy country feel. Old camp-meeting style for southern gospel song. The Calvary Way

Please let me know what you think. I could use a few ears on it to let me know if I'm on the right track.

Thanks,
CMj, that's some toetapping southern gospel you've got going on. You packed a lot of lyrics in there but kept my attention. Good old time quartet feel. I'd fan out the harmony on the very ending word "way" higher to give it that fancy chord ending the crowd expects when the singers are showing off vocally on this type of song. The harmonica might be thinned out in a few spots to keep the focus on the vocals - just mho.

This is impressive. I know you had a blast doing it. I enjoyed it.
Sundance, your fan out comment was the very first thing my sister and brother in law said about the ending chord. There is a definite inversion upward coming when we do the full arrangement. You are correct that I did have a blast putting it all together.

I really appreciate your comments. Glad you enjoyed the overall concept.
Sounds like the right track to me.
Hi CMJ,

Very uplifting song.
As to Key change, have you ever tried going down rather than up.... just a thought.

Best regards
Michee
Haven't thought about going down for a keychange for this song anyway, interesting thought though. Thanks for your comments
Craig,

I will have to agree with Josie on the ending. I don't think you need another key change, however you could try one if you have a great high tenor. The song is great as it is. I think all you are looking for is that little extra something that would put it over the top. Try the different ending and I think you will have it. I love it!

Steve
CMJ,
Man, I was brought to one of those great camp meetings again. I loved the song and toe tapping flow. The bass singer needs to be more up front to accent his lines. Great song! Good ending!
Marty
Marty! Thanks for the comments. Bear in mind that I am not our bass singer, and only "spec'd out the lines" for him. We haven't had a chance to record the full quartet.

I agree that the final mix would do well to showcase the bass.

Glad you like the song.

The plan is to do an inversion to the upper inversion of the chord with a 6th in it for the full flavor of the style.
Great job CMJ! I wouldn't think another key change is needed.

BTW, it might help other users if you posted which RealTracks #'s were used. That information is available in the song memo (as a copy and paste), or from the RealTracks Assign dialog (where you'd need to write down the RT#s).
Hi Cj I think at some part in the song (the hook)I could hear all the instruments stop with just the quartet singing alongside hand clapping then come back in with the instruments just a thought.Cheers Frankie
© PG Music Forums