PG Music Home
Posted By: Flatfoot Flatfoot: The Valley of Love and Delight - 12/06/10 05:16 AM
Hi All!

Here is a song that I think came out pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/user/flatfoot50?feature=mhum

First I write the song in BiaB. I start with an all-MIDI style. no RTs. I make sure the intro, verses chorus, ending etc are all the way I want. Then I go to Real Band to record vocals and add more instruments as RTs. Vocals usually get a little reverb and compression.

Lately I have not generated RTs in Real Band much. It does not seem to get the endings right. If I feel the need to add another instrument, I go back to BiaB to generate it, then port it over to RBand. I find if I render the RT to the desktop and then import from the desktop to RBand, I get fewer mistakes. Sounds like an extra step, but its really no trouble.

I usually lose track of which RTracks I finally decide on. I really should keep better notes.

I am finding that Real Drums port over from BiaB to RBand at very low levels. I generally have to add 6dB of gain to the Real Drums once they get over to RBand. Am I doing something wrong here?

I think part of your problem of RB and generating RTs is the manner in which you get the BIAB file into RB.
If you're going to add RTs after the BIAB rendition is added, you must make sure that your BIAB style sheet is entered in RB. It's also important that the RB chord sheet entries are exactly the same as those in the BIAB Chord Sheet - ie holds, shots etc. And leave enough empty bars at the end to accommodate longer endings.

This is all done for you if you import into RB the "standard" way from BIAB. Maybe by putting the file to your desktop first is causing the loss of key elements which will effect adding additional RTs and having them "fit" with the other tracks.

Just a thought.

Enjoyed the production - the banjo adds a "lonesome wilderness" feel. Good one.

Ian
>>>...you must make sure that your BIAB style sheet is entered in RB...>>>

Exactly my point. I already know how to control verses, choruses and endings in BiaB. I make sure that the BiaB file is right, then get my RTs from there. Its really no trouble.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Flatfoot: The Valley of Love and Delight - 12/07/10 07:02 PM
Very nicely done! It's got a very pleasant feel to it, all very smooth.
This is really nice. There's something about picture and music that just works so well. You hit the sweet spot just right. Kudos!

Dan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Flatfoot: The Valley of Love and Delight - 12/09/10 09:11 PM
Quote:

This is really nice. There's something about picture and music that just works so well. You hit the sweet spot just right. Kudos!

Dan

a big +1

Great song, vocal and mix.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Flatfoot: The Valley of Love and Delight - 12/11/10 04:39 AM
Hi Flatfoot,

This is a terrific song to listen to and to watch. Nice work in every way!

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums