PG Music Home
Posted By: retake New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/12/10 04:32 AM
I wrote this song using Luke chapter 2:8-16 as the text. I will be singing this song at my church Sunday morning (12-12-2010) dressed up as a shepherd. The song is called Shepherd's Ballad - - - -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e9me0jY-aI

Thank you,
Steve
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/12/10 08:52 AM
Hi Steve,

I'm listening to your song as I type. Nice work! You've put together a really good song, here, and have showcased it with a terrific performance. You've got my vote! Is the piano backing a realtrack? It's excellent.

All the best with your performance,
Noel
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/12/10 03:22 PM
Hello Steve,
You have a very good song here. Your church will be blessed when you sing it. Your performance was very powerful . Wonderful work!
Marty
Posted By: MarioD Re: New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/12/10 05:00 PM
Great song with outstanding piano and vocals!

To really really nit-pick during the chorus I would bring up the bass and drums. Now they sit way in the background and bringing them up would put more emphasis on the chorus. This is just me and others may disagree. Even as it stands now this is one fantastic song.

Thank you for sharing this.
Posted By: retake Re: New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/12/10 09:14 PM
Noel, Thank you. Everything is RealTracks. The Piano is # 1007 Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment, PopFlowing Ev 120. The Bass is #684 Electric, PopHalfNotessync Ev 120 and the Drums are RockHardEven8^1-HiHat, Ride.

Marty, Thank you for your good comment. I am glad that God has given me a song to sing for Him.

Mario, I totally agree. After redoing it many times and being up till late at night I finally just had to leave it as it was. I was running out of time. When going over it a few times getting ready to sing it I noticed the the base and drums were farther in the background than I would have liked. However, I knew that the congregation would rather the bass and drums be like they were rather than louder.

I have changed the audio file where I have now brought the drums and bass up a little. See if this sounds better. - - -> http://www.box.net/shared/74jerjntyo

Steve
Posted By: MarioD Re: New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/13/10 12:52 AM
This sounds much better!

Great mix!
Posted By: retake Re: New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/13/10 04:49 AM
Thank you Mario.

Steve
Posted By: kennydanner Re: New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/13/10 06:28 AM
Steve,

First...great song.

Second...I just now visited this forum and then joined so I could hear what can be done with band in a box because I'm interested in getting it. Your song is very impressive. Do you have to buy the biggest package with all the different real tracks and so forth to be able to produce something like this? Or is it possible with just the basic pro package?

Thanks for your answer. And thanks to anyone else who responds.

Kenny
Posted By: Sundance Re: New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/13/10 07:02 AM
Steve,
I really enjoyed this and your performance was moving. I'm sure it brought the house down at church - or maybe I should say the hands up. It's all been said. +1

Kenny you should get the most you can afford and do it now while it's on sale. Also if you have other questions you'll get more replies on the main discussion board.
Posted By: retake Re: New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/13/10 03:07 PM
Josie, Thank you for you comments. Everyone is so kind.

Kenny, Thank you too. I have always used the EveryThing Pak so I don't know what the other Paks have as far as capabilities. I tell you the truth, Kenny, I have only scratched the surface of what this program can do. It is an incredible program! You will not be disappointed with it.

Steve
Posted By: Achordocaster Re: New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/14/10 08:39 AM
Very cool! I liked it a lot! Great piano track. I'm gonna have to spend some more time trying out the piano RT's, I've used them a little but I think I may be missing their full potential.

Nice Job,

Greg
Posted By: retake Re: New song - Shepherd's Ballad - 12/14/10 03:06 PM
Greg, thank you. I love the RealTrack pianos. It will be even better for me when they release the Mac version of 2011 so I can stretch the pianos and not be locked into a predetermined tempo.

Steve
© PG Music Forums