PG Music Home
Posted By: gibson My Christmas song - 12/19/10 09:24 AM
This started with that discussion re midi only BIAB and merged with the Christmas song "challenge". I sat down on the 5th or 6th December and somehow I ended up with 440BIG1.sty from the folk song package from BIAB some years ago. Mixed with a couple of my own styles helpfully called strum3 and funky. The drums were a mix from Fruity Loops FPC (midi loop thingie). All instruments a mix of the ones in Fruity and the freebies in Proteus, kontakt and kore, Independence, etc. and me strumming. Mastered using the Classic freebies
Throw away the key (Christmas is coming)
Posted By: MarioD Re: My Christmas song - 12/21/10 01:32 AM
Absolutely, positively perfect!

I loved it! Great lyrics and vox. Loved that chorus!
Posted By: gibson Re: My Christmas song - 12/21/10 07:29 AM
Thanks Mario,
just a song about being alone with the one you love at Christmas and having a beer or six
Posted By: Jim Re: My Christmas song - 12/23/10 05:07 PM
Now that is one charming kooky song that really deserves a listen. For those who like to follow along with lyrics, you will find them at the bottom of the page.
Posted By: gibson Re: My Christmas song - 12/23/10 07:26 PM
Jim,
Thanks, that is a really nice comment.
I've been called quirky, amongst other unprintable things, but I much prefer kooky.

In fact it is perfect!

Alyn
Posted By: mglinert Re: My Christmas song - 01/01/11 10:55 AM
Certainly no weirder or kookier than some songs that have been huge hits over the Christmas period. Strange, but I really enjoyed it Alyn.
© PG Music Forums