PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD It's Freezing Outside by PSR - 01/30/11 10:21 PM
Last Sunday, January 23rd, the guys came over to record. It was 5°F outside and the wind was blowing up a storm. So we jammed this song ! Bob is on the acoustic guitar, Steve on the harmonica and I added the bass, sound effects and the wind controller the next day.

Pg Music’s 10 band EQ and limiter were used for this song.

We hope you like it for what it is.
Posted By: rsdean Re: It's Freezing Outside by PSR - 01/31/11 12:45 AM
Mario, I really enjoyed this - very cool and fun! And as a New Yorker, I can relate weather-wise...

Bob
Posted By: Skyline Re: It's Freezing Outside by PSR - 01/31/11 09:51 AM
Mario, there you go wih the film music again! Your pieces always conjure pictures in my head, this time I was seeing a riding interlude from Peckinpah's 'Ride The High Country'!
A nice piece, thanks.

John
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: It's Freezing Outside by PSR - 01/31/11 01:31 PM
I agree with John. This is a good film piece!
Simple & thought provoking.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: It's Freezing Outside by PSR - 01/31/11 04:19 PM
Hi Mario,

Nice feel on this one. I particularly like alternating between the straight time with pushes, to the triplets. Makes it interesting. It is about 70 degrees here in Central Texas, so I will just use my imagination about the freezing thing.

Good job!

Steve
Posted By: MarioD Re: It's Freezing Outside by PSR - 02/01/11 10:02 PM
Thanks all for the very kind words. I’ll pass them onto Bob and Steve.

I’m finding out that the best stuff we do is generally the “quick and dirty” ones. Like the Nike commercial says, “just do it”. If we think about it we generally mess it up! Like I’ve said before I can polish stuff until it’s dull.

Thanks again for the very kind reviews.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: It's Freezing Outside by PSR - 02/03/11 07:08 AM
Quote:

Mario, there you go with the film music again!

I completely agree. You have a definite flair for writing music that's very visual and always a pleasure to listen to.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: It's Freezing Outside by PSR - 02/04/11 08:12 PM
Full agreement +1. What a happy tune! Good balance and acoustic mix.
If I were to make any suggestion, it would be to seat parts of the wind controller a few dBs lower - at least according to my hearing.

A beautiful tune for a sunny, windy, cold day with frost on the window.

Ian
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: It's Freezing Outside by PSR - 02/05/11 03:08 AM
All I get when I download it 7 secs of what sounds like wind blowing is that what the link is supposed to be

What He Did For Me

Roberts FAWM
© PG Music Forums