PG Music Home
Posted By: Marty Wittmann New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/09/11 08:15 PM
Hello Friends,
I have been away working and have missed all on the forum. I have just completed a new R&B tune and would like to get your comments. I have never written in this genre before. Be gentle....LOL

I'm So In Love With You

Smooth Jazz Ev16 Ballad style with RealTracks, featuring:

<Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothBallad Ev16 065>
<Bass, Electric, SmoothBallad Ev16 065>
<SmoothJazzBallad^1-XStHHt,SnRide> RealDrums

Thanks, Marty

Baby,Baby, Baby, I'm so in love with you
I knew right from the start, you're my dream that came true
We were meant to be together, two hearts that beat as one
We're on a stairway to the stars and we’ve only just begun.

Baby, Baby, Baby, I'm so in love with you
It was your sweet Love, that came to my rescue.
You lifted my up soul, you made me smile again,
Oh Baby, I knew right there and then.

Chorus:

I'm so in love with you,
I can't change the way I feel.
You know I'll always belong to you.
Two hearts with a dream, that holds together
a love our world has never seen.

I knew right from the start, you're why I feel like I do
We'll always be together, two hearts that beat as one
We're on a stairway to the stars and we’ve only just begun.

You make my world complete when you do the things you do
I'll never let you go, you made all my dreams come true
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/10/11 01:48 AM
Oh Marty,

What a beautiful track.... love the arrangement....so romantic....just perfect for valentine's day. Sounds great to me.
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/10/11 03:09 AM
Marty, this is excellent - so smooth, jazzy and it swings a bit! Very nice - I really enjoyed it.

Bob
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/10/11 08:17 PM
Marty,

Good job! Just needs some "shooby-doo's & doo-wops" to complete it.
Like Bob said, really smooth and jazzy. I like it.

Steve
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/11/11 01:42 AM
Thanks Josie!
I am glad that you like it. I wish I could have a little more soulfulness in my voice, but it is what it is.LOL! Thanks for your comments.
Marty
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/11/11 01:43 AM
Hey BOB,
Thanks for the kudos. It was fun doing this genre.
Marty
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/11/11 01:46 AM
Hey Steve,
Lets not date ourselves too much....but I to love a good doo-wap tune. It might be fun to do one?
Marty
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/13/11 05:14 AM
Hi Marty,

This is a sensational song. I love the smooth jazz/soul feel that you've captured in this arrangement. The mix is outstanding. To my ears, your voice was perfect for the job. The whole song worked for me.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: TerryB Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/13/11 02:08 PM
Love the song and the mix. Vocals really sit well in the mix and the balance on the instruments is really nice. I really do not think the vocals are bad at all and fit the song pretty well. If you want to play around with them some for your own enjoyment I might try the following.

> Listen closely to the way you are phrasing the words. A couple of places you abruptly cut off the words when I think soul style might hang on to them just a bit more to make them flow.
> Try copying your vocal to another track, offset it a click or two and add a little delay or reverb to fill the vocal out. Not sure it will make it more like the sound you are seeking but might be worth a try.

These things are just a nit-picking. To be honest this is the type of song I would just put on, sit back and enjoy, and wouldn't be listening as closely as I would for a critique.

Great job! Would be interested to hear your flow in developing the song, what tools you used and how you got to the mix.

Terry
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/13/11 09:19 PM
Hello Terry,
Thanks for listening to my track. I never really thought about the phrasing and you are right about holding some of the words a tad longer. I will work on that.

When I write a song I do it a little differently than most. I write the music and arrangement first and then I write the lyrics. This gives me inspiration for the lyrics. I used all BIAB instruments on this song. For my editing I use Reaper and supplied VST plugins. However, i do use Izotope Ozone plugin for mastering. I like to keep it simple. Thanks to BIAB and quality recordings from them, it is possible to turn out CD quality stuff only dreamed of a few years ago.
Marty
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/15/11 12:35 AM
Quote:

Hi Marty,

This is a sensational song. I love the smooth jazz/soul feel that you've captured in this arrangement. The mix is outstanding. To my ears, your voice was perfect for the job. The whole song worked for me.

All the best,
Noel

A BIG +1

I really liked this one - Two thumbs up
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/19/11 11:25 PM
Excellent lyrics and production. Thanks for sharing!

My Reverbnation
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: New Song I'm So In Love With You - 02/20/11 12:20 AM
Mario and PgFantastic,
Thanks so much for your comments and thanks for listening.
Marty
© PG Music Forums