PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic Another Storm - 03/25/11 10:46 PM
My aunt ask me to write a song entitled another storm. This is it. Let me know what you think.

Another Storm

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Another Storm - 03/26/11 08:10 PM
I was expecting a slow ballad with that title. Very nice mid tempo song Robert. I don't know how you guys can write songs in a flash like this, amazing.

Great mix, lyric and melody. I enjoyed this as well.

Trax
Posted By: Dan45 Re: Another Storm - 03/27/11 02:30 AM
I think thats a pretty good song with a pretty good message.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Another Storm - 03/28/11 06:02 AM
Nicely done!

It would be nice to have harmony on the chorus - to my ear, the song seems to call for it.

Heavy Handed Edit: I've removed a mess I had written here earlier. In the song, the guy survives his medical problem. But on first listen - despite clearly saying that he was holding her hand - I was still left in doubt.

In thinking it through, I think the problem (for me) lay in the transition of the second verse. It starts out by reversing the situation, so that they've swapped roles. My first thought was to wonder Is the song singing about the same people?

Now, the song goes on to clarify that she's thinking about what he's said. And I'm fairly sure that they're the same folk, but I'm wondering: why isn't he saying what she's remembering?

It's not a big thing. But I think that small choice in the narrative opened the door to some doubt, and made me wonder if perhaps I'd mis-heard the lyric earlier. There were hints that he might not have survived his illness ("And even if He calls he home..."), and it's a country song, after all.

Anyway, nice work!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Another Storm - 03/29/11 09:13 AM
Hi Robert,

I really, really liked the song and the message. It's an incredibly tight production that you have happening. With each song you write, your work just keeps on getting better and better and better.

It's a standing ovation from me.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Another Storm - 03/29/11 04:25 PM
Robert,

Good job! You are becoming quite a prolific writer! Keep up the good work!

Steve
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Another Storm - 03/29/11 04:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate how helpful everyone is here.

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog
Posted By: rsdean Re: Another Storm - 03/29/11 04:55 PM
Robert, excellent production, vocal and lyric. Nice job!

Bob
Posted By: MarioD Re: Another Storm - 03/30/11 06:02 PM
Quote:

My aunt ask me to write a song entitled another storm. This is it. Let me know what you think.

What do I think?

I think this is your best to date! And you have written some outstanding songs before this one!
© PG Music Forums