PG Music Home
Posted By: Frans Brink Baby mama - 04/06/11 01:39 AM
Used 65 PopPiano 12-8 Ballad (65RS) which was individually transferred, track by track into Pro Tools 9. Song or whatever you´ld like to call it has just added some EZmix plugging and choir is done with TC VoiceLive2. Took less than two hours to make this demo.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Baby mama - 04/06/11 09:51 AM
Hi Carl,

Congratulations on getting your first post up. I enjoyed the listen. I've never used this Realtrack. I've got to say that I'm impressed.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you next do!

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Brian Scarratt Re: Baby mama - 04/06/11 05:44 PM
Hi Carl ,love the song,voice fits the tune beautifuly ,and really like the voice ,best wishes Brian.
Posted By: Frans Brink Re: Baby mama - 04/08/11 04:39 PM
Thx guys.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Baby mama - 04/08/11 11:01 PM
Hi Carl,

I also congratulate you for your first song post here! I enjoyed listening. A very engaging tune. I couldn't quite make out the words in many places, but that's probably just my "(not too) old" ears!

Keep up the good work!

Steve
Posted By: rsdean Re: Baby mama - 04/09/11 02:44 AM
Carl, nice sound and vocal - very lush. I enjoyed it.

Bob
Posted By: Frans Brink Re: Baby mama - 04/09/11 09:40 PM
Thanks Steve but I'm sure it's my ABBA-English......
Posted By: MarioD Re: Baby mama - 04/12/11 01:36 PM
What an outstanding first post!

Nice backing track and a super choir effect! I really liked the vocal however to nit-pick I thought at times it needed to be a little more out front. Not much just a tad, maybe with some light compression.

Even if you don’t change a thing it is still a winner.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Baby mama - 04/14/11 01:50 AM
Hi Carl,
Really nice first post. I have to admit when I saw the title I was expecting hiphop. I had a little trouble making out some words but overall I thought it was engaging. Very lush sound with the choir. Looking forward to more.
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Baby mama - 04/14/11 11:19 AM
Hi Carl,

Very well done. I like the melody and the laid back feel of this song.

Well you've done it now... you'll have to keep up the quality for your next songs

Keep em coming.

Best regards
George
Posted By: Frans Brink Re: Baby mama - 04/15/11 11:12 AM
Thanks all. I think I should stick to Swedish, maybe you understand the lyrics better then.

Posted By: Frans Brink Re: Baby mama - 04/24/11 11:17 AM
Have given up MobileMe, so I´ve moved my stuff to other server.

Here´s Baby Mama.

Posted By: dcuny Re: Baby mama - 04/24/11 06:21 PM
Despite any shortcomings, very enjoyable. Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to future songs from you.

And there's no reason to stick with Swedish - your English is excellent! The mix (large reverb, vocals in the back, an occasional bit of too much bass from mike proximity) is where the problem of understanding the words came from. Some small tweaks would take care of that.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Baby mama - 04/25/11 07:30 AM
Good work Frans, (why is everyone calling you Carl? Did I miss something?)
It reminded me of Herb Alpert's 'This Guy's In Love With You' in terms of the song's feel and changes. Your lyrics have some good images, and that's with English not being your first language! Forgive me, but the rhyming of 'fool' and 'toll' didn't work for me, especially as it's a chorus end line. But all in all this is a good effort and you've got some good recording skills going on there.

John
© PG Music Forums