PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic New Song (You Were The Light Of My Life) - 06/07/11 06:45 PM
Here is a song done using all midi. It has been awhile since I did one using all midi. Real tracs have me spoiled. It is style GUIT34 W EV 8 Gentle 3/4 Folk. Instruments are Bass= 26 Acoustic Guitar/bass, It is just the bass note being played on the guitar and then it turns into a bass guitar during the chorus. Piano= 26 Acoustic Guitar The high strings Drums is 41 Brush Kit, Guitar=25 Nylon Guitar and then Srings = Music box/strings. You Were The Light Of My Life

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog
Hi Robert,

A very sad song indeed (I hope it is not from experience) but it works great.

I like how you increased the instruments to build the song and you sang it well.

Well Done.

Best regards
George
Posted By: tommyad Re: New Song (You Were The Light Of My Life) - 06/08/11 09:10 PM
Robert, Nice vocals. Very beatlesque. I find writing pieces like this very therapeutic. And sharing them makes us feel less alone. A lot of us have been in that same place. Very Nice. Thanks for posting. Tom
Thanks, for the kind words.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: New Song (You Were The Light Of My Life) - 06/10/11 12:58 PM
What a great mix ! Nice Job !
Hello Robert

Life's dance, as our days whirl in 3/4 time - I can almost hear the clock ticking in the background.
Nicely done and mixed, tough feelings to run with.
Enjoyed the listen - thanks.
Cheers lad. Ian
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Song (You Were The Light Of My Life) - 06/11/11 12:38 PM
Robert,

Great song, vocal and mix - very nice!

Bob
© PG Music Forums