PG Music Home
Posted By: Tommyc Dream in the Color Blue - 06/09/11 12:07 PM
Just more jammin with the world's GREATEST software !
http://soundcloud.com/tommycole/dream-in-the-color-blue
Posted By: redguitars Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/09/11 06:54 PM
Hi Tom,
Nice groove. Your playing is great just like the last one.
I love jammin' along with a good groove from BIAB too.
You're the real deal. Thanks for sharing it.
Wayne,
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/10/11 11:34 AM
Thank You Wayne it means a lot coming from someone as talented as you !
Posted By: redguitars Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/10/11 02:13 PM
Thanks Tom,
I have to confess, I go back and play "Blues @ 4am" at least once a day.
I remember that hidden pickup trick. It works well on your Strat.

I don't know about you, but I've had a lot of guitars over the years, but I always came back to Fenders.
Wayne,
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/11/11 10:56 AM
I have had them all ,when I worked at a music store that's where all my money went ! I was in Speir Music in Dallas 20 years ago when the owner said as long as he could double his money he would sell me anything in the store . I told him his salesmen usually gave me a better discount than that ! Right then a man came in with a Strat and asked if the owner would give him $100 bucks for it ! Bob Speir said he would and as soon as the man left ,I called my wife and said gimme your credit card number I know what I want for my birthday ! Bob had a fit when I called him on the double his money deal ! Every one in the store started razzing him about it till he gave in . Never bought another guitar since , this one is too perfect! 80's Strat Ultra w/hand wound VanZant pickups early style bridge and pick-guard.
Posted By: redguitars Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/11/11 11:32 AM
I know what you mean. When I got my Telecaster I was looking for a Strat. After a long search I picked up this Tele and haven't put it down since. It's 23-24 years old and I still think of it as my new guitar.
Wayne,
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/11/11 01:34 PM
My first love was a Telecaster that had a home-made b bender . I made a "P" shaped fulcrum in the saddle hinged at the top left and drilled a hole from the neck cavity to the enlarged bridge cavity . Took the brake cable off of my daughter's bike and hooked it to the bottom of the "P" and ran it through the neck-plate and put a hook on the end to grab my belt . I put a set screw in the back of the saddle to tune the stop . The b string ran across the top of the P and attached at the bottom of the curve . Worked great and was invisible from the audience view . Another guitarist traded me a new Les Paul , boy was that a mistake it weighed a ton of mud tone and it never'd sounded like old country which paid the rent back then .
Posted By: redguitars Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/11/11 02:02 PM
Quote:

Another guitarist traded me a new Les Paul, boy was that a mistake it weighed a ton of mud tone and it never'd sounded like old country which paid the rent back then.

I hear you. I made a trade in the 70s, an old Fneder Jaquar for a 57 Les Paul. I had just repainted the Fender Jaquar at an auto body shop I was working at and I had all the chrome replated. I was in heaven. I had a true vintage classic Les Paul. Then I played it. All I got was mud. It played great but I hated the sound. And yes, it weighed a ton. I sold it for a good price at the time and went right to Manny's Music and bought a brand new Tele. I had other Gibsons as well, none of them worked for me.

Like you, I made a big mistake getting rid of that Fender. Even though it was a great trade.
Wayne,
Posted By: Skyline Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/12/11 08:49 AM
Now that's what I'm talkin' about... Very Albert! Love it!
What were the real tracks you used? Sounds like a Steely Dan-type bed.
Thanks for this one!

John
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/12/11 11:18 AM
Thank You for your kind comments ! I started with bigsur style and added real tracks 515 bass 906 piano and smooth jazz poppy drums ,kept the string track (originally Organ) and VST'd its midi to a Clav sound. I think some instruments sound OK using VST's , but real tracks are the best sounds ever . Wish there were more of them ! I listened to Albert most of my teens and twenty's till my record collection was stolen . Use to jam with Freddie King in Dallas back in the 70's ,but he would only let me play the harmonica .
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/12/11 11:32 AM
Hi Tommy,

Wow! How incredibly inventive is this song! I loved it. I have absolutely no idea how you go about coming up with ideas for something like this and then go about welding them all together to make such a sensational piece of music. In my opinion, this is creativity plus Excellent work.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/12/11 01:37 PM
My mixes go to Cool Edit ver 1.2a ( 1999 ? never wanted to spend much on software ) I master in Wave Lab 4 ,midi edit in Sonor 2 ,Power Tracks and add VST's in Acid 4. Some of these programs functions are repetitious ,but I never have learned but a few steps in each . When I first got Biab 2004 I couldn't stop jamming to the demos for about a month before discovering the melody/song generator and then let it do all the work for a long time. I haven't even tried Real Band yet, still trying to learn Biab . It sure is great to have a band this talented !
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Dream in the Color Blue - 06/19/11 11:14 AM
I would like to thank everyone who listened to my songs ,it really means a lot to me ! And much thanks to the PG folks for making it all possible ! The Artist Formerly Known as Tom Terrific Tongue Man Hot Licks and Live Snake Show !
© PG Music Forums