PG Music Home
Posted By: rsdean Folksingers Dream (Sundance and rsdean) - 06/11/11 01:31 AM
Hi All,

Josie and I wanted to share our latest song. This is a simple little folk song we put together using BIAB/RT's and mixed/mastered with GarageBand.

All comments are welcome - we hope you enjoy it!

Bob

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10736906

Copyright © 2011 Josie Beck, Robert Dean

"Folksingers Dream"

I think I'm gonna walk the line, maybe even book a flight
Get up early this time, go fishing in the river of life
Did I whisper in your ear, said the sky was gray and plain
As the day is drawing  near, I see the first drops of rain
And the wind is still today, nothings gonna shake the stars
Even though the sun has strayed, there's a shadow on my guitar

Chorus:
I was dreaming of the village green
Folksingers and record machines
I was dreaming of a smoky room
In the summer of '62

I think I'm gonna close the blinds, on this back door rain
Get away from the daily grind, maybe write a short refrain
I see a black '31 Ford, the kind Woody Guthrie drove
Now I gotta find these chords, put them on like clothes
And I saw her tears, she was crying over his bones
Then she said some prayers, and became a rolling stone

Chorus/repeat

Bridge:
I think I'm gonna play my song, maybe try the key of C
A little music can't be wrong, isn't that what sets us free

Chorus/end
Another fine production. You 2 just keep getting better and better. Thanks for sharing!

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog
Hi Josie & Bob,

Just like to say that Bob, your voice is very clear on this one and well sung.
Josie, I would have preferred to hear you coming in on the bridge (lowly) then build for the chorus.
Just my thoughts...But well done to you both, you are certainly on a roll.

Best regards
George
Posted By: tommyad Re: Folksingers Dream (Sundance and rsdean) - 06/11/11 12:04 PM
Robert, Your voice is so unique, it draws you into the song. Some very nice lines in this one. A solid listen and yes unfortunately I do remember the summer of 62. Well done. Tom
Posted By: rsdean Re: Folksingers Dream (Sundance and rsdean) - 06/11/11 12:41 PM
Robert,

Thanks - we appreciate the listen and feedback.

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Folksingers Dream (Sundance and rsdean) - 06/11/11 12:43 PM
George,

Thanks - Josie and I appreciate the kind words and support. Good thought on the bridge...

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Folksingers Dream (Sundance and rsdean) - 06/11/11 12:45 PM
Tom,

Thank you. Josie and I really appreciate the feedback. You have been posting some nice stuff as well...

Bob
Hi Josie and Bob,

As Tom said your voice is so unique it draws you in.
It's a really good ballad. I like it. It made me think. (That's a big deal for me)
Well done, again.

Wayne, (Our Village Green was Washington Square Park)
Posted By: rsdean Re: Folksingers Dream (Sundance and rsdean) - 06/11/11 04:12 PM
Hi Wayne,

Thanks - much appreciated. Josie and I value your feedback.

Love your comment on the Village Green...

Bob
Posted By: jford Re: Folksingers Dream (Sundance and rsdean) - 06/11/11 05:21 PM
This is good stuff, and while I was only 3 years old in '62, I love the music of the early sixties, so the nostalgic lyric really pulls me in and takes me back. I really enjoyed this.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Folksingers Dream (Sundance and rsdean) - 06/12/11 01:41 AM
John,

Thanks very much for listening. Your feedback means a lot to Josie and I. Really glad you enjoyed the song.

Bob
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Folksingers Dream (Sundance and rsdean) - 06/12/11 07:55 AM
Hi Bob and Josie,

I like your skillful use of 60s lyrics and images. Clever stuff. I'm with John Ford in that I find early 60s music terrific to listen to. In fact, the very first song that I remember being aware of having learned entirely from listening to the radio was "I Want To Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles in '63. I was 7 years old.

Strange that nearly 50 years later, the memory is still just as clear today as it was then. Maybe that's why your lyrics resonated with me so well!

I really enjoy listening to the work that the two of you produce. I honestly don't know how you write, record. mix and master so many songs so quickly!

I was reading an article about Dolly Parton the other day and in 45'ish years of writing songs, she's written over 4,000. That's around two per week. Seems to me that you guys might be able to challenge her record

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: rsdean Re: Folksingers Dream (Sundance and rsdean) - 06/12/11 02:13 PM
Hi Noel,

Josie and I really appreciate you always taking the time to listen and your kind words.

I know what you mean about those memories - they are as clear today as they were many years ago...

Not sure we'll catch up to Dolly, but we can try... LOL!

Bob
© PG Music Forums