PG Music Home
Posted By: 90 dB When Summer Ends - 06/26/11 10:01 PM
Another BIAB/RB tune. Man, I love these programs.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1176543
Posted By: Skyline Re: When Summer Ends - 06/27/11 07:11 AM
Nice one, Bob. Well put together and engineered with a soulful delivery. I really enjoyed listening to that.
I felt 4:30 it was too long though, one more verse after the sax solo would do just nicely. Just my 2p's!
Posted By: 90 dB Re: When Summer Ends - 06/28/11 11:30 PM
Thanks for listening.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: When Summer Ends - 06/30/11 09:03 PM
Bob that is a very nice song. Beautifully done. Have you been able to play much in the downtown Greenville area yet? I really was impressed with what they have done down there, it looks great compared to years ago. Seems like some very nice coffee shops and restuarants to choose from.
Posted By: MarioD Re: When Summer Ends - 07/01/11 03:00 AM
Great song Bob. I loved the chord progression, backing tracks, sax lead, lyrics and your outstanding vocals.

I would be interested in what you used for the strings. They sounds fantastic.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: When Summer Ends - 07/01/11 09:24 AM
Quote:

Bob that is a very nice song. Beautifully done. Have you been able to play much in the downtown Greenville area yet? I really was impressed with what they have done down there, it looks great compared to years ago. Seems like some very nice coffee shops and restuarants to choose from.

Rob -

Thanks for the kind words. We have done a couple gigs here in Greenville. It's a beautiful place, and the people are nice as well. Lately we've been writing/recording some radio jingles for a local station (WOLT/FM), and that's been a blast. We wrote a theme song for the host of a Classic Country program, and he opens his show with it every week. It's fun for us, because we've never done it before.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: 90 dB Re: When Summer Ends - 07/01/11 09:27 AM
Quote:

Great song Bob. I loved the chord progression, backing tracks, sax lead, lyrics and your outstanding vocals.

I would be interested in what you used for the strings. They sounds fantastic.

Thanks Mario. It was just a poem that I had written some time ago and never got around to putting to music - until BIAB!

The strings were done in Sonar 8.5.3, with Dimension Pro. They are the large full string samples.

Regards,

Bob
© PG Music Forums