PG Music Home
Posted By: Kemmrich I Was Wrong - 07/12/11 10:40 PM
A 50/90 tune -- yea, I'm another crazy one.

Key=D , Tempo 105, Length (m:s)=3:02
drums/percussion: BossaBrushesPerc^1-congas,perc and RockModernSyncEv16^6-SdStk,SnRdC
banjo: 1295, ModernCountrySync Ev16 100 and 623, Background Backporch Ev 098 (1st chorus only)
bass: 521: Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136
acoustic guitar: 793: Strumming ModernCountrySync Ev 100
Piano: 1263, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningSync Ev 120

Kevin: acoustic guitar, electric guitar and vocals.

I Was Wrong
(c) Emmrich 2011

(verse)
The sun's coming up
I'm going down
didn't finish what I started
I'm leaving this town
gotta get back home
finally found out what I really wanted

(chorus)
coming back home
that's where I belong
I thought I knew what I wanted
but I guess I was wrong
yea, yea, yea ... yea, yea, yea
I thought I knew what I wanted
but I guess I was wrong

(verse)
The sky is blue
not a cloud in sight
I got that call from you
can't stand to hear you cry
to this dream i wave goodbye
'cause you are what I choose

(chorus again)

(break -- verse)

(bridge)
hearing your voice on the telephone line
reminded me of what's important
giving up something ain't that bad
when you add something back that's perfect

(chorus again x2)

(outro)
It’s OK to be wrong
Just don’t stay there long
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I Was Wrong - 07/12/11 11:16 PM
Hi Kevin,

This is definitely very catchy. A great job. You had me tapping my foot and humming along with you! Top notch production. I wish all the best with the 50/90 challenge. I have no idea how anyone can manage to do this!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Was Wrong - 07/12/11 11:26 PM
From one fellow 50/90er to the other. Great job! Thanks for sharing!

My Music Reverbnation
My Music Myspace
Read My Blog
Posted By: mglinert Re: I Was Wrong - 07/14/11 09:02 AM
It’s great to see how your vox have developed Kevin. Sounding very confident on this one.

Your knack of writing catchy tunes shows no signs of deserting either.

And same melody to a slightly amended chord pattern in the bridge section (1:50…), now that’s a bit of a master stroke.

Listened twice for review purposes and twice more just for fun.

Respect and regards!

Marc
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: I Was Wrong - 07/15/11 03:46 PM
Noel: The only pressure in 50/90 is the pressure you put on yourself. Last year I did 55 -- only only 12-15 had music. Since songs require music and lyrics, then one can say that I didn't really do it. However, lyric-only and instrumentals count! This year I am trying to do songs that are "complete", since I have 40 or so lyrics that are still lying around from last year. That means I might not make 50 -- but 5, 10, 15 ... still makes it a successful endeavor.

PgFantastic: Thanks for the visit. I see you are having a very productive 50/90 for yourself!

Marc: I am still chuckling over your Emergenza video -- that was really good. Yes, I think my vocal efforts are getting better -- but my first attempt at the harmonies here were horrendous (ha, ha). I can't get over-confident, though, being off-pitch is just the next note away!

Kevin
Posted By: MarioD Re: I Was Wrong - 07/16/11 01:10 AM
A super catchy hook, great vox, outstanding arrangement and some very nice guitar chops thrown in.

Who could ask for more?

PS – I hope you have this one copyrighted! I can see this one going big time.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: I Was Wrong - 07/25/11 01:40 AM
Hello Kemmrich,

I liked this, very nice !! My only nit-pick would be the chorus effect on the vocal; A bit too wet for my taste. It stands out from the rest of the mix, IMO.

Great voice, great song brother !!

Trax
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: I Was Wrong - 07/25/11 12:05 PM
Mario: Thanks for the listen and the kind remarks. I don't register copyrights on individual songs. Too expensive and no real protection, when you get down to it. I do not have any problems with registering "compilations", though -- the government needs he money!

Music Trax: Good catch! I leave the lead vox dry, but I double it, add reverb and chorus, pan it a bit and turn the volume down on it. I then offset it a bit -- all in an effort to thicken the lead vox. In this case, the offset was 50ms, which is too much for me. I eased it back down to 25ms, slightly reduced the chorus "mix" and I think it is sounding less fake! Thanks for stopping by.

Kevin
© PG Music Forums