PG Music Home
Posted By: Darren Patrick band in a box song on Youtube - 07/28/11 08:06 PM

http://youtu.be/dfnEwTDTjkA
Posted By: Danny C. Re: band in a box song on Youtube - 07/28/11 08:19 PM
Beautiful young lady, very good voice and wonderful stage presence.

Darren is this the daughter and if so just how proud are you?

Later,
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: band in a box song on Youtube - 07/28/11 08:27 PM
She sounds really good. Her vocals are coming out 100% out of the right speaker. You need to re-mix it a little.
Posted By: Sundance Re: band in a box song on Youtube - 07/29/11 01:41 AM
She's cute as a button. Agree with Kevin, the vocals on center would make it better.
Posted By: Darren Patrick Re: band in a box song on Youtube - 08/02/11 07:07 AM
Hi Danny, Yes she's my daughter. Music has become very big in our lives the last few years. Kayla has become quite a songwriter. She's only 14 and the song writing just gets better. She has just finished recording three more originals that she will be performing at the Edmonton Folk Festival next week. Some of it will be broadcast live during her performances on CBC radio on the internet Sat Aug 6th
Posted By: Darren Patrick Re: band in a box song on Youtube - 08/02/11 07:17 AM
Thanks!We put this together in a bit of a rush for a contest called Cover me Canada where you had to choose a pre-selected iconic song. After reading the rules and discovering the amount of time that we would have commit to the contest halfway accross Canada, we pulled our submission so I just posted it to Youtube. I could have done better for sure with the mix. I'll work on it.
Posted By: retake Re: band in a box song on Youtube - 08/02/11 09:56 PM
Darren, Very nice. Great voice. Did I miss some of her original songs or have they not been posted yet? I would love to hear them.

steve
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: band in a box song on Youtube - 08/13/11 06:20 AM
Great job Kayla !! She sounds like Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks, awesome voice. Sundown was a great cover and I like how you gave it a driving beat. Way to go . . .

Trax
Posted By: Steve Young Re: band in a box song on Youtube - 08/13/11 09:28 PM
Darren,

I thought I had already posted on this, but I guess not.

Really good job! I know you must be very proud, and for good reason! I really enjoyed this.

Steve
© PG Music Forums