PG Music Home
Posted By: Kemmrich Alchemy - 08/05/11 05:14 PM
On July 4th (that seems like a long time ago), a thread came up over at jpfolks.com about "What makes a hit song?" Someone said it "It's not chemistry so much as it's alchemy" -- hey, I said, that's my first song for 50/90. It has taken awhile to get here. I wrote the lyrics right away and then added music in the evening. But it needed something. My nephew came over and added that cool signature riff, the bridge and was singing it (he is a way better singer than me!). Of course, he is a 20 year old -- so he went AWOL for awhile (ha, ha) and here I am stuck doing it. I threw a little RT trumpet and trombone in at the ending.

I need to add an electric guitar lead and I am pretty far off on the "turn to gold" line, but I am hitting the road tomorrow for a long weekend -- I thought I should post something. Yea, and it needs some more (a lot) of EQ and mix work. Nonetheless, I like it.

(oops -- I am out of town, I'll post the BIAB instrument #'s when I get back Sunday eening)

Alchemy
(c) Emmrich/Everett

It's not chemistry, it's alchemy
It's the way you move, it makes me lose
all my mind

you're fire and air in this affair
I'm earth and water makes you stronger
We’re intertwined

Just think about the last time you smiled
wasn't it with me by your side
I don't know why you fight it
when you see me you are so excited

it's elemental not judgmental
it's constructive not destructive
it's needing you not misleading you
all the time

(bridge)
Everytime we get together
Our earthly spirits turn to gold

It's not chemistry, it's alchemy
It's the way you move, it makes me lose
All my mind

you're fire and air in this affair
I'm earth and water, I make you stronger
may take some time
yea, yea yea

Kevin: acoustic guitars, vocal, shaker
BIAB: bass, drums, acoustic guitar, trumpet, trombone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: redguitars Re: Alchemy - 08/05/11 05:25 PM
You said "I need to add an electric guitar lead". Wasn't that you playing an acoustic solo in the break?
Unlees I've been tricked by a realtrack again. If that was you playing, I like it a lot. I thought it fit perfectly.
I know you want to polish it up a bit, but I really like it. Well done. I enjoyed it. It made me smile.
Wayne,
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Alchemy - 08/05/11 08:13 PM
Another nice song. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Alchemy - 08/06/11 01:04 AM
Quote:

You said "I need to add an electric guitar lead". Wasn't that you playing an acoustic solo in the break?
Unlees I've been tricked by a realtrack again. If that was you playing, I like it a lot. I thought it fit perfectly.
I know you want to polish it up a bit, but I really like it. Well done. I enjoyed it. It made me smile.

I second that - +1
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Alchemy - 08/08/11 12:22 PM
Hello all -- thanks for the listens. ... yea, that's me playing the acoustic lead -- but I still hear a fantastic jamming electric lead going on. Of course, I never can duplicate what I "hear in my head" (I wish I could), so I do what I can.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Kevin
Posted By: Skyline Re: Alchemy - 08/08/11 04:21 PM
Nice song Kevin!
PS: I've sent you a PM.

John
© PG Music Forums