PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob Helms Uploaded a remix - 08/09/11 05:54 AM
I remixed Winds of Change, and did some of the things suggested. Upped the vocal just a bit. move the second chorus up after the second verse then the lead break back, followed by the final chorus. Shortened the intro to 8 bars from 16. Hope it is better. Also pulled the drums back a bit.

Oh also i added a live played acoustic strumming track, and removed the RT strummed one. I might as well get off my duff and play that thing some more, after all that was the point to start with. http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10923160
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Uploaded a remix - 08/09/11 07:46 AM
Works for me!!

Good short, sharp intro, straight into the song. And I feel the guitar break definitely flows into and out of the chorus much more smoothly. And you get your hook again more quickly.

Nice job

Martin
Posted By: MikeK Re: Uploaded a remix - 08/09/11 12:27 PM
Solid tune, Rob! Great use of - well - everything.

Really like the message of the tune as well. Nicely delivered.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Uploaded a remix - 08/09/11 01:56 PM
Thanks guys, i was happy with the results. I would still like another crack at the vocals, using my condenser mike, but i am having noise issues in this studio. Well done for now, and op to the next one.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Uploaded a remix - 08/10/11 05:25 PM
Hey Rob

You should be happy with the results - this remix is much smoother with more clarity.
It's a good song, good thoughts.
I'm glad you input the lyrics on the other thread - good for my ears but your voice stands out better.

If I had to make one suggestion it would be to bring up the lead intro a few decibels to the level of your voice, then pull it down below vocal level until the break. That seems to be my biggest personal mix problem. I find it easier to highlight the intro about 3 decibels up to the point the voice begins. Or if you can find a ducking software.

Good stuff. Ian
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Uploaded a remix - 08/12/11 01:37 AM
Rob,

Very nice! I really like the message here!
It's all been said. You did a good job on this one. Keep it up!

Steve
© PG Music Forums