PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Lie To Myself - 08/21/11 03:49 AM
This is a redo. The first recording was maybe the WORST quality recording I ever made. It was also the second song I ever did with this product. Here's what changed.

I took the digital reverbs out of my rack, took the covers off, and blew tuner cleaner into all the pots so they don't crackle and cut in and out anymore. Then I moved the song from BIAB to RT and built the song all over with better instrument samples. And finally I recorded the vocals again and this time mixed them out front where they can be heard (Rob.... ). Sink or swim with this monotone, nasal baritone of mine, there they are. Out front as they can be without drowning out the instruments.

Lie To Myself
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Lie To Myself - 08/21/11 05:30 AM
I can't get any of the tracks to play for me tonight! aarrgh i will try again in the morning.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Lie To Myself - 08/21/11 05:41 AM
Quote:

I can't get any of the tracks to play for me tonight! aarrgh i will try again in the morning.

From Sound Cloud? You're kidding!!
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Lie To Myself - 08/21/11 03:28 PM
Got to listen some this morning. I like Lie to me a lot. Good sound and the lyrics are spot on.
Posted By: occ Re: Lie To Myself - 08/22/11 01:41 PM
Eddie, I liked it very much. The harmony was nice and in tune. Was that you playing the piano? It really went well in that song. Thanks!! occ
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Lie To Myself - 08/23/11 01:04 AM
Yes, the live piano was me adding tracks. The vocals are a SHADE out of timing, but I can slide that harmony vocal around when I have some time to spend up there. Usually that is weekends.

Thanks for the kudos. I appreciate it very much.
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Lie To Myself - 08/23/11 09:05 PM
I like slow waltzes and this one dances along nicely. It would have made a very good three minute song!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Lie To Myself - 08/23/11 11:31 PM
Quote:

I like slow waltzes and this one dances along nicely. It would have made a very good three minute song!

You don't want to rub belly for 5:15?
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Lie To Myself - 08/24/11 09:50 AM
LOL! It clocked in at 6:33 -- fine for dancing, bad for a cd, in my opinion. However, you just have to use your own best judgment. If you like it and your intended audience likes it, then that is all that matters.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Lie To Myself - 08/24/11 05:37 PM
My intended audience is supposed to cry her eyes out when she hears it. Also The One That Got Away, and Do It All Again. This "country concept album" project was started to stick darts into somebody who hurt me very badly. All the lyrics kind of suggest that.... And Insignificant Other, which I became, is in that same vein.
© PG Music Forums