PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob Helms Another New remix - 09/24/11 02:03 AM
I re did the song Evening Star, tried to get a better vocal that sat in the mix, and to balance out the instruments.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1421086&T=1657
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Another New remix - 09/25/11 10:53 AM
I must be doing something wrong , I can't get it to play on my mac . It downloads only 90k for me .
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Another New remix - 09/25/11 12:43 PM
Love this one Rob. Beautiful guitar work!

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Another New remix - 09/25/11 01:00 PM
Guess it was a Mozilla problem ! Love your guitar playing Rob good mix too ! Wish I could sing ,nice vocals !
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Another New remix - 09/25/11 05:45 PM
Thanks guys, i thought this version was better. Most of the guitar work is RTs, 'cept some of the acoustic strumming. I wish i could take credit. It is amazing what you can do with RTs. I plan to go back in and play all the acoustic tracks, and the bass track, as part of my CD project.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Another New remix - 09/26/11 10:40 AM
Wow I thought it was you playing lead guitar , what incredible software !
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Another New remix - 09/26/11 12:45 PM
Hi Rob,

I love the groove - very restful and very haunting. It really suits your voice. You've got a very impressive range! Like those above, I thought this was you playing guitar, too! You'd done some very musical editing of Realtracks. It's very convincing

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Another New remix - 09/26/11 08:28 PM
Thanks again guys i do appreciate the comments.
Posted By: anieyo Re: Another New remix - 10/07/11 10:59 AM
Very nice, sir. Especially enjoyed the guitars. Kudos!
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Another New remix - 10/07/11 11:08 PM
spam monkey!!!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Another New remix - 10/07/11 11:15 PM
Hi Robh,
Quote:

spam monkey!!!

I agree that the number of anieyo posts makes it look like a spam bot has been busily working its way through the forum. In reality, though, the comments that anieyo has made indicate that s/he has listened to everyone's songs! That's an incredible effort. Anieyo has also posted a link to a song called "Sunbird".

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Another New remix - 10/08/11 02:28 PM
Either that or they made a few good guesses.
Posted By: anieyo Re: Another New remix - 10/08/11 02:53 PM
TQ Noel, for sticking up for me. Yes, I did make an effort to listen to the songs and comment on them, and also enjoyed listening to them. Robh, I know you didn't mean what you said--no hard feelings. anieyo
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Another New remix - 12/25/11 08:06 PM
My bad, thanks for the comments!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Another New remix - 12/25/11 11:26 PM
rob, it was your proverbial endless loop. it said that i needed a windows media player plug-in to play it. installed thrice, same message. bummer.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Another New remix - 12/29/11 01:25 PM
I just got around to hearing this...Nice song Rob! Your voice has great natural vibrato!

... but, come on, Bro... you oughta give PGMusic a callout in your "software used" blurb
Quote:

Equipment / Software
Gibson S-1 Electric, Takamine accoustic 6 string, Ovation 12 string, Digitech RP-200 amp modeler, Casio cz-1Keyboard, and my AMD 2400+xp, Audiophile 24/96 card, Behringer 602 mixer, with Acid Pro 3.0 , Vegas 4 Pro, Multitrack Studios, Cakewalk, Sound forge, and a few other toys.

All of the songs I listened to seemed to have Real Tracks in them

ACID users need to know about Real Band.. especially now that it does loops too.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Another New remix - 12/29/11 07:47 PM
You are so right there Mr. Marr, that tag line is Sooooo old now, and needs some updating!

There all better!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Another New remix - 01/01/12 09:40 PM
rob, nothing i've tried will allow me to hear your tunes. it says that i must install windows media player 11 plug-in, i do then try again but get the same error message. frustrating. any suggestions?
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Another New remix - 01/04/12 03:34 PM
Try it hear my friend! http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=481421
© PG Music Forums