PG Music Home
Posted By: Tommyc Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 09/24/11 02:18 PM
Just another Blues Song on Saturday morning now with a Horn Section . Hope Yall have a Blessed Weekend !
http://soundcloud.com/tommycole/saturday-blues
Posted By: Skyline Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 09/25/11 11:16 AM
Thanks for this one Tommy. Love the guitar tone, your chops and the nice fat bass!
Got me into gear this Sunday morning!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 09/25/11 11:21 AM
Thanks John ,is that Gibson on your website yours ? What a great flame !
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 09/26/11 02:37 AM
Hey Tommy,

Nice work!!! I'm just going back for listen #2. I really got into your guitar playing. Very engaging.

Noel
Posted By: Skyline Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 09/26/11 09:42 AM
Quote:

Thanks John ,is that Gibson on your website yours ? What a great flame !

Hi Tommy,
No, the flame one (L) is a Burny 'Lemon Drop', the Gold Top and wine 1976 Custom are both Gibsons though, and on the right is a Vintage pre-distressed 'Peter Green' Lemon Drop.

John

Posted By: Tommyc Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 09/26/11 11:51 AM
Thanks Noel , it's always fun to Jam with Biab ! Cool Guitars John !
Posted By: Bruce B Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/01/12 05:12 PM
Nice blues, put a smile on my face. Good guitaring and I loved the organ. Was it BIAB?
Guitar puts me in mind of Merry Christmas Baby by Elvis. Nice licks! Song is excellently produced. Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/03/12 08:12 PM
It's alllll good! Care sharing styles and how you did the horns?

Later,
Posted By: dcuny Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/04/12 06:06 AM
Blues is always nice to hear, and the horns are the icing on the cake.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/04/12 05:04 PM
The horns are from audio loops that came in Logic Pro 9 ,they were Mexican Mariachi Horns and R&B horn section . The organ and all other instruments except lead Guitar (me)were from Biab Real Style _BLZ_MNH
Posted By: dcuny Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/04/12 06:29 PM
This is a bit off topic, but I think this makes a pretty compelling case for adding RealTrack horns. Of course, there are a couple issues:
  • You can't just ask a horn section to "solo" over chord changes and record it - you need to write the parts out. That's a lot more work for someone at PG Music!
  • Horns sound great on so many styles, there'll be demand for horn loops for everything.
  • Folk like me will want the option of having the "group" sound available on individual tracks (so we can control the stereo placement and such). There's nothing like that in the current BIAB architecture.
If PG Music starts offering polyphonic RealTracks like choirs, string sections, and the like, I think it would make sense to add "multitrack" RealTracks. That is, instead of having a single track for a RealTrack, have multiple tracks, for each instrument in the track. So when a 3 part horn section is exported, BIAB could export three separate wave files.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/04/12 09:00 PM
Might be a good Real Band thang David . Lots of DAW's have multiple takes on the same track number , it might could happen that way . You should post this in Wishlist ,it is a very good idea for multitrack horn sections .
Posted By: dcuny Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/05/12 11:58 PM
Posted in the wishlist, as requested.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/06/12 04:45 AM
Hey Tommy,

That's amazing!

All the best for 2012 and beyond,
Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/07/12 01:48 PM
All I can say is WOW!

Great blues man!

Outstanding chops!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/08/12 05:21 PM
nice work Tommyc very good guitar licks eric
Posted By: MitchC Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/08/12 05:37 PM
VERY tasty stuff there Tommy ! Enjoyed that a TON. Keep 'em comin'.
Posted By: DrDUBose Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/08/12 08:42 PM
Great guitar tone Tommy. How did you record it? How many takes? Thanks..
Posted By: rsdean Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/08/12 09:43 PM
Tommy,

Great vibe and playing on this one - really nice!

Bob
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/09/12 11:13 AM
Thanks for listening Yall ! Dr.D I recorded that on a Fender guitar through an old Vox tube amp turned up extree loud ! I usually record 2 or 3 takes ,but I almost always end up using the first one. I played Blues in clubs for 40 years as my only full time job ,only worked regular jobs in between bands. I stopped due to poor health a few years back ,but still love to play ! Also played Harmonica ,here's a tune before Real Tracks with me on Harmonica.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKnOW0lYi0s&feature=g-upl&context=G28d6da6AUAAAAAAACAA
Posted By: Rafa T Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/12/12 05:31 PM
Hi Tommy, you've got the blues!!!
I love the blues and your guitar is authentic blues ;-)
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/14/12 01:50 AM
Tommy,

I'm a bit late to the gig, but I sure did enjoy the song and your performance!

Most of the time when I hear blues it is being played by incompetent drunks in a nasty setting, and I was starting to think that I didn't like the blues anymore.

But THAT song made me want to get back on the blues bandwagon. Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 01/16/12 11:47 AM
Thanks Rafa & Pat , I played drunk in nasty bars for forty years now not so much of either !
Posted By: Musica1 Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 06/13/12 05:50 AM
Quote:

Just another Blues Song on Saturday morning now with a Horn Section . Hope Yall have a Blessed Weekend !
http://soundcloud.com/tommycole/saturday-blues

Heard it. Really has a lot of soul. Smiled while listening to it.
If it ain't got soul, it ain't music. :-)

Debb
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Saturday Blues now with a Horn Section - 06/13/12 09:50 AM
Thank You so much for listening Debb! I loves me some Blues!
© PG Music Forums