PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic Look At Him - 10/27/11 07:42 PM
This is another song written by Alta Florence. I used Biab to create the guitar. I then took it into realband to correct when the guitar player went into left field, as he sometimes will. Ha, Ha. I just kept regenerating each bar that needed it until it fit the song. it is just a guitar Rt 365 acoustic finger picking. I doubled the guitar and then did a very small offset of the two in time. All feedback is welcome. Thanks!

Look At Him
Posted By: dcuny Re: Look At Him - 10/27/11 09:20 PM
Nice work - clear and uncluttered.

While the fingerpicking guitar is nice, it would be nice to have something to provide a bit of variety. For example, instead of continuing the fingerpicking pattern throughout, use a single chord strum and a beat of silence on the last measures. For example

[Strum] If you want to see...
[Strum] What true love could be...
[Strum] Look at Him
[Beat of silence, the fingerpicking resumes]

Anyway, nicely done.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Look At Him - 10/28/11 04:20 AM
Robert,

Alta wrote a beautiful lyric. The mix, vocal and guitar has a nice sound - I think that David's idea would add a nice touch too.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Look At Him - 10/28/11 06:24 PM
Thanks Sundance and dcuny, Thanks for the kind words and I will try and redo it using the suggestions. Thanks!

My Music
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Look At Him - 10/31/11 01:59 AM
Robert,

I agree with David and Josie about the guitar work. The lyrics are really good. I do like the song. Keep up the good work!

Steve
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Look At Him - 11/01/11 09:02 PM
Here is the new version with a finger picking and rhythm guitar using some of the idea from dcuny. Thanks dcuny for the suggestion, Let me know what version you like best and any other suggestions are welcome.

Original version Look At Him Original

Rhythm Guitar Real Track 366 Look At Him New Version
© PG Music Forums