PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Young New Song - As The Days Go By - 10/31/11 02:20 AM
Hi all! I've been working about 60 hours a week for the past few weeks, so my songwriting/producing has slowed down a bit of late.

I decided to do a song with me playing on it this time instead of all Realtracks. Sam Ash Music was selling an Ibanez acoustic guitar for $69 a few weeks back, so I picked one up since I didn't have a guitar. So I played an acoustic lead part in this one. Violin used to be my main instrument (years and years ago). I haven't played one in over 15 years. A friend loaned me his, so I played a short, scratchy little solo in this one. And I played the piano solo in it. Everything else is Realtracks and Realdrums. I hope you like it!

As The Days Go By

Here are the Realtracks used...
RealTracks in song: :Bass, Acoustic, GypsyJazzBallad Sw 110
RealTracks in song: :Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothCool Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: :Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzBalladFreddie Sw 060
RealTracks in song: :Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanPedal Sw 085
RealTracks in song: :Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealDrums in Song: JazzBrushes

And here are the lyrics...

As The Days Go By
Music and Lyrics, Copyright Stephen W. Young

Reminders of good times
Of the days gone by
The music plays softly
Like a lullaby
Young couples in love
Like I am in love
And I am always
As the days go by
With you

Whenever I look back
On the days gone by
I see all the good things
Didn't pass me by
And some things I'd change
But I would remain
With you

--
Have a great day!

Steve
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 10/31/11 03:57 AM
Oh Steve,

This is soooo romantic! I love this song - absolutely LOVE it! That wonderful vocal with that gorgeous melody and those steal the ladies hearts lyrics....it's great.

Did I mention I love this song....

Beautiful song Steve. Kudos on the arrangement and playing too.
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 10/31/11 07:02 AM
Oh yes!!!

This song is so.......well everything really. Sweet, cool, laid back, captivating and - oh yes Josie - romantic!!

I love it.

Good work again Steve !!

Martin
Posted By: dcuny Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 10/31/11 07:04 AM
Excellent song. As usual, you've got excellent vocals which really sells the song. It makes me think of a something out of the 1950s.

You're a man of many talents - I'm envious!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 10/31/11 12:57 PM
Hi Steve,

It's all been said and I'm in 100% agreement. It's a wonderful effort. I applaud your guitar / piano / violin work, too. All in all, another top notch production from your studio.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 10/31/11 08:05 PM
Hi Steve, this takes me back to the days when my Dad was still alive. He was real jazz fanitic but he would listen to most types of music. I always remembered him quoting I think a Buddy Rich line " There's only two types of music I don't like, Country and Western. He always encouraged me in which ever direction I went and I owe my love of music to him. Listening to your song I could see him relaxing on the couch listening to his favourite jazz album on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Thanks for the memories. I really enjoyed listening to this. Great job and well done

Cheers

Nels
Posted By: occ Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 10/31/11 09:06 PM
Hey Steve!!This is wonderful. Some big recording co. needs to sign you up. occ
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 10/31/11 09:16 PM
Steve,

The lyrics, vocal and arrangement are outstanding. Great, great job... Love that brief solo!

Bob
Posted By: Skyline Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 10/31/11 10:33 PM
Pure magic Steve, it's all been said above! A perfect piece if ever I heard one.
Congratulations on putting this one together. It's got so much heart.

John
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 10/31/11 10:37 PM
Stephen, you know this my type of music so you knew that I would like it very much. Great sound! You are one multi-talented musician, composer and lyricist.

I could really relate to the lyrics on this one. I married my high school sweetheart 44 years ago and your lyrics fit exactly how I feel. It hit home!

This is a keeper – two thumbs up.
Posted By: PatrickH Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 10/31/11 11:17 PM
Steve,

That's really nice. Your vocals record really well. Is there a secret (other than just having a great recording voice)? The other day I looked up your site and listened to "Music From the Other Room". Wow (to the whole thing). 'nuff said.

Regards,
-Patrick
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/01/11 04:33 AM
Josie,

Thanks so much for your generous comments! Glad you like this one! I always appreciate your comments.

Martin,

Once again, thanks for your kind words. Glad you like it!

--
Steve
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/01/11 04:35 AM
David,

I'm always glad to hear from you, and I am glad you like this one! I've always liked the "old" standards. Thanks very much!
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/01/11 04:38 AM
Noel,

Thank you very much! I was a little hesitant to include the violin, since I am so rusty, so I am glad you liked it. Your comments are always much appreciated.

Nels,

Thank you for commenting. I lost my dad almost 4 years ago, and it sounds like he was a lot like your dad. Like you, my dad really gave me a love and appreciation for music. Thank God for good memories!

--
Steve
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/01/11 04:41 AM
OCC,

Thank you very much! Of course, if you know someone from one of those big record companies, let's talk!

Robert,

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated! I am a big fan of your writing (and Josie's). Thanks again!

--
Steve
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/01/11 04:50 AM
John,

I really appreciate your kind words! I always enjoy your productions. I'm glad you liked this one! Glad to hear from you.

Mario,

Gosh, your old! 44 years ago! That's awesome! Rachel and I have been married for over 35 years. Not many like us these days. Like you, I really like this style of music. I'll probably do quite a bit more of it before I'm done. And by the way, thanks very much for your kind words, my friend!

Patrick,

Thanks so much! Glad you like my songs! As to how I record my vocals, I posted in detail how I do it on my last song posted in this forum (Stay Right Here With You). Thanks for taking the time to listen to my music. Very much appreciated.

--
Steve
Posted By: Jan Romanoff Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/01/11 11:25 AM
Steve

It had all been said. Really enjoyed this one.

// Jan
Posted By: Zan Cantwell Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/01/11 10:33 PM
Very nice indeed, great early 60s pop radio feel ala Bobby Vinton/Vic Damone
Posted By: DRiddle Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/01/11 11:58 PM
WOW what a great song! As Josie stated, "romantic"
I loved it!

Danny
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/02/11 03:27 AM
Jan,

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it!

Zan

I really appreciate your comments. I hadn't thought of Bobby Vinton or Vic Damone, but yeah, that works.

Danny,

Again, thanks very much! I am so glad you like it!

--

Steve
Posted By: gibson Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/02/11 07:36 AM
I enjoyed that, very smooth and your voice is perfect for that style of music.
And a guitar, violin AND piano solo as well.
Excellent!

Alyn
Posted By: Tommyc Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/02/11 02:23 PM
Nice Vocals ,fiddle and guitar Cuz ! God has really blessed you !
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/03/11 01:52 AM
Alyn,

Thank you very much! I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment!

Tommy,

Thanks so much! Yes, God has blessed me - with more than I can count, like a loving family, and good friends like on this forum.

--
Steve
Posted By: kerkenat Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/07/11 09:11 AM
Hi Steve,

The song link above doesn't work, but as I read through the lyrics with a triplet feel, it sounds so good. Keep it up.

Do you come up with these ideas one at a time, or are you working on an album?

I can hear Lionel Ritchie or Kenny Rogers singing this song. (even without hearing it)

Can't wait to hear it.

Kent
Posted By: Old Ed Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/08/11 09:28 AM
That is relly a great song. nice singing and lyrics.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/09/11 04:55 PM
Kent,

I don't know why the link is not working for you. It is working for me (from several computers, both pc & mac). You might try again, and see if you can play it.

I tend to write all my songs one at a time. I may have several ideas running around in my head at a time, but I only focus on one at a time. I am not necessarily working on an album. When my schedule allows, I try to write and produce a minimum of one new song a week.

Old Ed,

Thanks so much for your kind comments. Glad you like it, and I appreciate your time!

Steve
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: New Song - As The Days Go By - 11/17/11 10:47 PM
First class tune Steve. You sure can write and produce brother, I enjoyed this one as well. So many talented people using Biab now and I am glad we get to hear the finished songs. The new guitar sounded great. That is an art of itself, wow !!

Trax
© PG Music Forums