PG Music Home
Posted By: 90 dB Another Ditty - 11/06/11 03:00 PM
Little song called "Gypsy", all BIAB/RB.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11195566

DIR_FSL.STY. Rock Guitar W/Latin Feel(120 RS)
All RealTracks. Quintet.
RD: NASHVILLEEVEN8^1-SIDESTICK,RIDE :Brian Fullen
RT521: Bass, Electric, Pop Syncopated Ev 136, Dow Tomlin
RT406: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 136, Jason Roller
RT510: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dire Ev 140, Darin Favorite
RT511: Guitar, Electric, Soloist Dire Ev 140, Darin Favorite

Man, I love these programs!
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: Another Ditty - 11/06/11 03:17 PM
Hi Robert, very nice composition and yes these programs make so much possible. I really like the vocal sound you got as it suits your voice very well. Great job and thanks for posting this.

Cheers

Nels
Posted By: PatrickH Re: Another Ditty - 11/06/11 08:58 PM
Alas, how many times do we ignore Gypsy and race forward into dispair . You've captured it well. Nice choice of accompaniment for your story.
-Pat
Posted By: PatrickH Re: Another Ditty - 11/06/11 10:55 PM
So, it must be a catchy tune because I'm out riding the bike and the tune is going along in my head. But, suddenly it transitions into Slash's haunting solo interlude (minor) from Guns and Roses "Sweet Child of Mine' before he takes it to the next level, launching into heavy bluesy/wah abandon. Anyone else hear it? Just a thought for you and the producers down the line... Thanks again for sharing your composition.

-Patrick
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Another Ditty - 11/07/11 01:01 AM
Thanks for the kind remarks. I'm just playing around with my new Ozone 4. It's incredible.
A perfect companion to RB.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Another Ditty - 11/07/11 05:47 AM
Hi Bob,

You've sure got the knack for writing a great song, getting a good sound and putting together an excellent arrangement and mix. This song is top notch. I recently bought Ozone 4, too, and love it. It's a pretty powerful program, and a great companion for Realtracks/Realdrums.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Another Ditty - 11/07/11 09:45 AM
Thanks Noel. I couldn't afford to pay for professional mastering for song demos, and Ozone gives me a more radio-ready sound. We're back to pitching songs to publishers again, so only time will tell if it was worth the investment.

Hope all is well with you.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: mglinert Re: Another Ditty - 11/07/11 02:21 PM
a real Dire Straits (as in their early albums) feel on this one – even down to the vocals and the lyric, so its not all RT510 and RT511 !

Great stuff 90db

Marc
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Another Ditty - 11/10/11 12:40 PM
Thanks Marc. As I was playing around with the BIAB styles, I just had to do something with that Dire guitar. It's like having Mark Knopfler in my little studio. Incredible.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: rsdean Re: Another Ditty - 11/11/11 12:16 AM
Hi Bob,

I really like this song and your delivery. I agree with Marc - good Dire vibe going on here.

Bob
© PG Music Forums