PG Music Home
Posted By: toucher The Morning Paper - 11/20/11 03:36 AM
Hi all,

I haven't been around much lately, and haven't had many chances to work my way through the User Showcase.

I've been working on a song lately on which I'd like to get some feedback if anyone has a few minutes and would care to comment.

It's a bit of a sad song about a depressing relationship that so many people find themselves in it seems. Let me have it good or bad if you will.

Thanks in advance.

The Morning Paper
Posted By: rsdean Re: The Morning Paper - 11/20/11 04:25 AM
I've listened three times - quite simply outstanding...

Bob
Posted By: Sundance Re: The Morning Paper - 11/20/11 05:53 AM
Hi toucher,

Very impressive. I liked the melody and the story scene you painted. Great vocal that really captured the emotion.

I would've liked to see the lyrics.

My only nit is that the harmonizer is distracting from her voice in spots because it sounds too robotic - especially for an intimate song like this.
Posted By: Mick Emery Re: The Morning Paper - 11/20/11 03:04 PM
Very nice indeed!
I agree with Josie about the harmonizer.

Mick
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: The Morning Paper - 11/20/11 06:31 PM
One single harmony might be sweet. Take the vocalizer and cut it down to either a 3rd or a 5th, and see what one lone voice does.
Posted By: CeeBee Re: The Morning Paper - 11/20/11 07:53 PM
I posted already but it seems to have got lost.

Great singing and a great song! Like it! With my hearing the harmony sounded ok.
Posted By: rhps Re: The Morning Paper - 11/21/11 07:03 AM
nice song and lyrics. as far as production i would bring the drums up in the mix and lower the crash cymbal volume. other then that it sounded pretty good.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: The Morning Paper - 11/21/11 07:13 AM
Hi Toucher,

Really well written (sad) song! I agree with the comments about the harmonizer. But great job on the song!

Steve
Posted By: toucher Re: The Morning Paper - 11/21/11 03:04 PM
Thank you all so much for the input so far, it would appear there is a confirmatin between this and another forum on a couple of changes. I'll work on those when time allows. There are so many knowledgable pros here that a consensus is usually something you have to go with.

I'll repost when I've had some time to process what I need to do and then find time to do it

Thanks again.

Can't wait for the 2012 version.............

Rob
© PG Music Forums