PG Music Home
Posted By: MitchC The Christmas Song - 12/11/11 04:53 AM
My all time fave Christmas tune. Lap steel and BIAB / Real Band.

The Christmas Song
Posted By: 90 dB Re: The Christmas Song - 12/11/11 04:04 PM
Absolutely beautiful Mitch. We'll be playing this all through the Christmas season! Thanks for posting this.

Regards,

Bob & Penny
Posted By: Cerio Re: The Christmas Song - 12/11/11 04:29 PM
Very well played and great sound on the instrument, congratulations!
Posted By: MitchC Re: The Christmas Song - 12/11/11 05:26 PM
Oops... just realized this forum is only for ORIGINAL music. No copyrighted material. If my post is not appropriate, please delete it. Don't want to break the rules here.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: The Christmas Song - 01/01/12 02:43 PM
Quote:

Oops... just realized this forum is only for ORIGINAL music. No copyrighted material. If my post is not appropriate, please delete it. Don't want to break the rules here.

tis true, tis true...
but the good news is a man of your talent should have no problem using BIAB and RB to generate a top-notch original song!

Speaking of your talent, I just got back from listening to all the songs on your sound cloud page. You are without a doubt the absolute best lap steel player I've ever heard! I've owned a Sho-bud pedal steel and a Fender lap steel in the past, and knocked myself out trying to learn how to play them... they are not easy instruments to master

What you accomplish without pedals is phenomenal! My hat is off to you... you are a true professional
Posted By: DrDUBose Re: The Christmas Song - 01/07/12 05:04 PM
Great job, Mitch. Lovely arrangement, and if there is a reposting to someplace else , please let me know where they belong, as I also very much enjoy playing known melodies within creative arrangements. Very easy on the ears!
Posted By: MitchC Re: The Christmas Song - 01/07/12 06:52 PM
Hey thanks a ton guys ! BIAB has really let me do music again. Coming from a long career of live playing, now it's just me and the 'boys' in the box.

Pat, you are way too kind. I appreciate your very kind words and encouragement ! Sorry for not responing sooner, but I just figured out how to get emails on replies to threads and have not been back here.

As for original tunes, those days are long gone. I had my '15 minutes of fame' back in the early 80's with a band called 'Sneaker' (check out the Merv Griffin vid in my sig).

Google on Sneaker Mitch Crane for more stuff out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneaker_(band)

DrDuBose, thank you for your words as well. I will let you know if the site moves or the thread moves.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: The Christmas Song - 01/08/12 02:00 PM
I love the C6 tuning ! What a great job you did on this song ! I bet you were a great live performer ! Have had a few friends that played Pedal Steel and I have played some slide licks on their rigs for grins before . I have owned a few E9 single necks ,but never played them full time on gigs just for a few songs a night. Also B bender Tele's ,even built my own before .
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: The Christmas Song - 01/08/12 02:43 PM
Hi Mitch, great job on the lap and the boys in the band aren't bad either. Really enjoyed listening to your tracks. Thanks for posting.

Cheers

Nels
Posted By: MitchC Re: The Christmas Song - 01/08/12 05:38 PM
Thanks Tommy / Nels !

Loved your 'Saturday Blues' Tommy !
© PG Music Forums