PG Music Home
Posted By: Cerio My own funky Realdrums in action - 12/16/11 10:19 PM
Hy everyone, this is just a quick "demo" I've made from a realdrum I've just finished. I've made a lot of them for my own use, but this is the first time I've made a realdrum completely from scratch, with lots of different fills and four different variations. It takes time, but the result is very satisfying to me. Here it is, just a minor blues where all instruments (except, of course, the drums) come from the new and great JAZFNKC style.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11295102&q=hi

Here's another example, this time with all MIDI instruments. Composition, melody and soloist come from BIAB (I used the ABRA style)

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11295219&q=hi
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: My own funky Realdrums in action - 12/16/11 11:21 PM
Wow! Both are quite excellent (demo #1really rocks, though). So is this a realdrum thing created by you? Way cool if it is (still way cool if it isn't).

If you make your realdrum file available to the world, I'll find a way to use it.
Posted By: Skyline Re: My own funky Realdrums in action - 12/17/11 08:33 AM
Hi Cerio

What do you mean when you say you "made a realdrum completely from scratch" ?
I'm intrigued.

John
Posted By: Cerio Re: My own funky Realdrums in action - 12/17/11 12:18 PM
Quote:

If you make your realdrum file available to the world, I'll find a way to use it.

Kemmrich, if you want, just send me a PM (or even better, an email), and I will send you the files.

Quote:

What do you mean when you say you "made a realdrum completely from scratch" ?
I'm intrigued.

I've made several "custom" realdrums for my own use, just using loops or even parts of commercial songs where drums were isolated. This is easy, but you don't have any control over the grooves or sound, and it's nearly impossible making different variants, fills, etc. Programming the drums from scratch is another completely different story, you can do exactly what you want to do, but trying to emulate the subtle nuances that makes a drummer's performance "alive" is a quite time consuming process. As a bassist, I learn (and enjoy) a lot programming "live" drums, and making "blind tests" of these tracks with fellow musicians.
Posted By: furry Re: My own funky Realdrums in action - 12/17/11 12:46 PM
VERY Impressive
Posted By: Tommyc Re: My own funky Realdrums in action - 12/17/11 01:58 PM
Drums Sound Great ,can't wait to try that style out ! I'm loading 2012 now and it's about 2/3's finished !
© PG Music Forums