PG Music Home
Posted By: furry Farewell to Kintail My very first biab song - 12/17/11 10:24 AM
This is the very first track I recorded in 2007 using biab after a break from playing for over 20 years.
My wife bought me a small midi keyboard to tinker about with. I found biab and downloaded the demo. I was tinkering about with a few notes and my wife said that would sound nice on the accordion. It came out of the case and the tune was born. A few months later it was recorded by the great Tom Alexander, Then by Sylvia Marie Barber in California, aan also am accordion & mandolin orchrestra in Minnesota ???
Has been played on many local radio stations in Scotland including BBC radio Scotland, Bluewater radio in Ontario Canada and other.
No real tracks then of course, just pure midi.

Farewell to Kintail
Wow the music was great Graham ,very well played ! I would love to have the Castle with the private entrance bridge.
The castle Tommy is Eilean Donan, which is on the Inverness-Skye road. I never tired of passing it on my way to gigs. It sits on the shores of Loch Duich near the top end of the loch. One the other end is the mountain range known as the five sisters of Kintail
Looks like Heaven on Earth to me !
It's blissful right enough Tommy
Hey Graham,

So amazing you went all those years and then your first tune gets all those cuts! Guess all that pent up creativity had to come out. Congrats!

It's a wonderfully moving tune and the countryside in the video is gorgeous.
Graham
What a nice feel, something to be proud of! Congratulations

// Jan R
simply beautiful, graham! i noticed hearing loss on those high notes.

again, you live in a beautiful corner of the planet. it tends to reinforce my hope of living on a promised paradise earth (eden) as was god's original, unchanging, purpose for righteous mankind. i hope to see you there, my friend. that is the same hope that david, abraham, and the bible prophets entertained, not heaven.
Thanks for the comments everyone, the set up at that time was simply a cheap desk mike into the PC and recorded into sonar. I was then at the very early stages of music producing so I hadn't much of an idea what I was doing. I then changed over to a set of internal mikes which had been pre built into the accordion. Early this year I invested in a prosperous studio mike which is fantastic for recording music and ALSO for recording my radio programmes on twangtownusa.com I also got a cast iron mike desktop mike stand from amazon. Weighs a ton but works beautifully. I've now got something padded like a towel under the mike & stand and that seems to cut out all background rumble & hum
© PG Music Forums