PG Music Home
Hi,

As a test I have placed a song onto YouTube with the lyrics - in the form of a Karaoke song.

I used the program Kara Studio to create the Karaoke style.

Is the concept good or bad.

I would be most grateful if you could let me know what you think.

Find the link here: YouTube

Thanks
George
George,

IMO, use of video is open to interpretation. Whether or not its a good idea is subject to what you hope to accomplish. If your goal is to make the lyrics more accessible to the listener, then its the perfect marriage of audio and video.

On the other hand, if you want to evoke visual images to intensify the music's effect, then adding pictures is a good approach. Some songs do both.

Bottom line, I liked it... it turned out quite well. I think your voice is particularly suited to the style of music in that song. Nice job!
Hi Pat,

Quote:

If your goal is to make the lyrics more accessible to the listener, then its the perfect marriage of audio and video.

That is my goal, to let people see the lyrics as the song plays.

I know that there are some beautiful videos with some great pictures ( Furry's for example) but that is not my aim.

Thank you so much for responding.

Best regards
George
It reminds me of the songs they played in some cinemas in the 50's. They had the audience singing along.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking a look and listen.

I am only exploring whether it would be beneficial for people to see the lyrics as the song plays.

Best regards
George
george, i liked it a lot. it was nostalgic for me of the entertainment of the 40s and 50s in movie theaters where the entire audience would "follow the bouncing ball" and sing aloud during the intermissions. wonderful memories, my friend. thank you.
Hi Don - or in Doric - Fit like min

Thanks for taking a listen and I hope that as you walked down memory lane it was enjoyable.

Best regards
George
george,

i simply love the book Spikin Doric that you sent me. i still get a wee chuckle when i think of it.

we oyrish gave bagpipes and kilts t'the scots as a dirty joke but the scots took it seriously.

yes, you invoked very pleasant memories, my friend. thank you.
© PG Music Forums