PG Music Home
Posted By: Rafa T Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/11/12 06:42 PM
Hi to all!
I am a old Band in a Box user, from the Atari only midi times. After upgrade to 2011 version I am everyday more happy with this marvellous tool for music creation. Thanks PG music!!!
I want to share in this great forum the first recording I made using realtracks. I create one chord progression, play & rec. Is a improvisation, only one take, with mistakes, but for me is a good demo on how Band in a box help us to quickly capture an idea for a song.
Electric Guitar, realtracks and some efx added on Cubase.
I hope you like (and sorry for my english)

http://soundcloud.com/rafa-toledo/happy-lucky-chachi
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/11/12 08:28 PM
Great Job playing Guitar !
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/11/12 10:54 PM
Classy playing and wonderful sounding mix. Super cool and hot guitar work. Let us know which real tracks you used in there and/or style.
Posted By: Rafa T Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/12/12 05:48 PM
@Tommyc & @Kemmrich:
Coming from two musicians like you I really appreciate your words, thanks.
Posted By: Skyline Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/12/12 06:20 PM
Great stuff Rafa! Excelent playing and a great mix.
I really enjoyed this!

John
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/13/12 11:34 AM
Had to come back for another listen ,you are very talented indeed !
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/14/12 03:59 PM
I totally agree with others - a big +1.

I do like your style of play - it reminds me of Earl Klugh my favourite jazz guitar player.

Well done - Ian
Posted By: MarioD Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/14/12 05:32 PM
It’s all been said. I love your guitar playing, Great chops man!

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/14/12 06:05 PM
As everyone else has said - very nicely done!
Posted By: Rafa T Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/14/12 06:56 PM
Cita:

... Let us know which real tracks you used in there and/or style.

Sorry for the delay.

Style is _SJAZZC2.STY (Smooth Jazz Cool Medium(100 RS))

RealTracks in style: ~903:Bass, Electric, SmoothCool Sw16 100
RealTracks in style: ~906:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothCool Sw16 100
RealDrums in style: SmoothJazzCoolSw16^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Thanks to all for your comments, I am now more Happy lucky chachi ;-)
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/14/12 08:55 PM
I take it from the other comments that you are playing the guitar... is that correct? If so, nice job! Your tone and style merge perfectly with the backing tracks you put together

My only observation (personal preference actually) is that I'd have liked to hear the guitar drop out briefly while another instrument or two filled in. No matter how good an artist plays his instrument, ear fatigue starts to set in after about two verses.
Posted By: Rafa T Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/14/12 10:13 PM
Cita:

I take it from the other comments that you are playing the guitar... is that correct? If so, nice job! Your tone and style merge perfectly with the backing tracks you put together

My only observation (personal preference actually) is that I'd have liked to hear the guitar drop out briefly while another instrument or two filled in. No matter how good an artist plays his instrument, ear fatigue starts to set in after about two verses.

Hi Pat, perhaps is not clear in my post. The song is not a finished song, is only a not edited long solo over the chords changes, searching for melodics ideas for the song. For finish I will add (I suppose) a B part and some arrangemment for add other colors and avoid fatigue.

I do not agree in the limit of only two choirs of solo.
One of the influences of jazz is freedom to do long solos that allow the development of the creativity of the musician. Of course fatigue depends on the quality or the inspiration of the soloist.
I never get bored with long solos from Pat Metheny, Larry Carlton, Bil Frisell, John Coltrane and many others, ... off course they are geniuses.

Thanks for your interest
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/15/12 03:16 PM
playing in the moment very inspiring can,t wait to here the finish product very nice work thanks eric
Posted By: CeeBee Re: Happy Lucky Chachi - 01/15/12 08:51 PM
Rafa, you can play all night as far as I'm concerned, loved it. You would get finger fatigue before I get ear fatigue.
I like the way you use BiaB to underline your playing, realy smooth.
© PG Music Forums