PG Music Home
Hello everyone, here's a song written about our dear friend and the emptiness left after the loss of two sons and finally his wife. Marinus played the string parts on a Alesis QS-8 and string patches were from cubase. All other real tracks were from BIAB 2012 as well as all the harmonies. We tried the string patches in BIAB but felt they just didn't give us what we were looking for, so we played them ourselves. Are you listening Mr. Gannon!!!!!. It took quite a while for this one but we are happy with the result. Thanks to PG music gang for allowing us to expand our dreams. As always comments welcome. Please enjoy. Here is the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11371930&q=hi

Cheers

Nelson & Marinus
Nelson and Marinus,

What a sad, and touching song! Well written, seems to capture the situation about as well as a song can. Nicely and tastefully done. My prayers go out for your friend.

Steve
Hey Nelson & Marinus,

Nicely done.
I think this is a song most people can relate to in one way or another.
I can't even imagine what life would be like with out my wife and kids. My prayers go out to your friend.

Tim
Nelson & Marinus,

Very nicely done. Touching and beautifully arranged.

Bob
Nelson & Marinus,

I'm having a hard time typing this. My wife and I still have each other
after 47 years, but this is always in the back of our minds.

What a beautiful set of lyrics, your performing of the song, and the
backend music, its all a bit much for me.

I'm so happy to listen to you folks beautiful music, but sad for whats to come.

A true love story in the lyrics !

Thank you so much for you folks hard work putting this together and sharing it with
us.
Beautiful song! Well written and performed. Condolence to your friend. Thanks for sharing!

My Music
Hi Tim, we thank you for your comments. Unfortunately the situation described in the song is one we may all face at sometime in our lives. Thanks again.

Cheers

Nelson
Nicely done all around - solid song, well written, well arranged, and well sung. Good work on the strings.

The only thing that stood out was the lyric "Stares at the pictures on the wall", which seemed cramped by single syllable.

Very understated arrangement - very clean and uncluttered. A bit too understated for my taste - I'd be tempted to bring the piano more forward - but there's really nothing that needs any fixing.

Yeah, I'd love to have RealStrings too...
Hi Nelson & Marinus,

This song had the same impact on me as the Pixar film UP (the first ten minutes)

This deserves a very warm "Well Done"

Best regards
George

P.S. Just in case you don't know the film above - it shows (without words) the life of two people meeting in childhood and then getting married, having a baby (which was lost) and the onward journey to old age (the wife passes and he is left alone)
Quote:

Very nicely done. Touching and beautifully arranged.

+1

Josie
Marinus and I thank you all for the kind words and taking the time to comment.It seems this touched more people than we realised.

Cheers

Nelson & Marinus
Quote:

Nelson and Marinus,

What a sad, and touching song! Well written, seems to capture the situation about as well as a song can. Nicely and tastefully done. My prayers go out for your friend.

Steve

A SUPER BIG +1
Thank you Mario. We both appreciate it.

Cheers

Nelson
© PG Music Forums