PG Music Home
Posted By: JCJazz "I Don't Care Anymore" work in progress - 01/19/12 01:48 PM
Yet another work in progress and before i go down the path of FINE tuning i want to let you all hear it and let me know what you think. http://soundcloud.com/charliessun/i-dont-care
I think your voice is better suited to this style than the others you have posted here. You really seem to be enjoying yourself here.

IMO: The holds you use in the song work to add variety to the song and enhance the lyrics. However the hold at 2.21 needs to be reworked as there are no lyrics to emphasize.

*your mileage may vary
Posted By: JCJazz Re: "I Don't Care Anymore" work in progress - 01/20/12 01:50 PM
Thanks Robb I'm not sure about the stop at the end of the solo either. I need to figure out how to have the solo not stop with rest of the music. I am a lot more comfortable sing it because i have had almost 20 yrs to tweek it(lol) I am learning more about BIAB everyday and once i get Powertrack(latest) i am hoping to have Much better mixes.And i will FINALLY be able to put my AA degree in music production to some REAL good use. thanks for the input
Posted By: MarioD Re: "I Don't Care Anymore" work in progress - 01/21/12 01:06 AM
This is a great start that just needs a little polish IMHO.

I agree with Robb about that hold at 2:21 . If you want to stop there I would dump the guitar lead in and replace it with drums.

I would also work on the mix. On my system your vox was much louder than the backing tracks and it was heavy on the right side. I would put the vox more in the center and bring up the backing tracks to just under the vox level. This is just my opinion and other may or may not agree.

However I do think you have a gem here and I would definitely keep working on it.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: "I Don't Care Anymore" work in progress - 01/21/12 08:38 PM
this song has a nice live sound to it... It made me feel like I was sitting in a Detroit club in the late 60's listening to Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels before they became well-known.

Having said that, its worth mentioning that what works in a live venue and what works in a studio recording aren't necessarily the same things. The same free-wheelin' panache that makes it sound fun and lively could also come across as a CD cut that was under-engineered and sloppy. But in this case I actually liked the casual presentation.

The ability to convey the enthusiasm of a live performance isn't something that everybody can do, so maybe you should capitalize on that characteristic of your style, and incorporate other elements of a live gig into your recordings, such as applause, audience background noise, maybe even the sound of a fist fight

(not that such a thing would ever happen at a live gig)
© PG Music Forums