PG Music Home
Posted By: MitchC "Workin' Wife" - 01/26/12 04:35 AM
"Workin' Wife" - Sheils & Crane 'Next Time' CD

Don't let the wife listen !

http://soundcloud.com/mitchc2/workin-wife
Posted By: Tommyc Re: "Workin' Wife" - 01/26/12 12:13 PM
Everyone needs one that is a musician ,Mitch cool song !
Posted By: JCJazz Re: "Workin' Wife" - 01/26/12 03:00 PM
Very cool song Mitch .I listened to rest of your songs while i was working ,Excellent work. is it all done with BiaB?
Posted By: pghboemike Re: "Workin' Wife" - 01/26/12 03:39 PM
Quote:

"Workin' Wife" - Sheils & Crane 'Next Time' CD

Don't let the wife listen !

http://soundcloud.com/mitchc2/workin-wife

link didn't work but main http://soundcloud.com/mitchc2 did so got to and enjoyed the song from there

was hearing lyle lovett in parts & i like lyle
Posted By: Steve Young Re: "Workin' Wife" - 01/26/12 04:06 PM
Mitch,

Very well done! I listened to the rest of the songs as well. Very impressive. Well produced!

Steve
Posted By: dcuny Re: "Workin' Wife" - 01/26/12 06:26 PM
Between you and Steve, I don't see how us mere mortals can compete.

Well done, sir.
Posted By: Rafa T Re: "Workin' Wife" - 01/26/12 08:45 PM
Great song Mitch!! Very well produced, and the arrengements are amazing.
First class.
Please, can you tell us what's instruments are realtracks?

Congratulations ;-)
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: "Workin' Wife" - 01/27/12 12:12 AM
Hi Mitch, first off great arrangement and a very nice sounding tune. I have listened several times and to me this sounds like it was done in a studio with real musicans. You didn't say if any real tracks or BIAB was used so I am assuming it wasn't. If they were it sure doesn't sound like my copy. Seems there is some confusion in a few of the post above. Could you please let us know how and what was used to record the instrumental backing.

Cheers

Nelson
Posted By: MitchC Re: "Workin' Wife" - 01/27/12 12:25 AM
Thanks guys. The tracks I posted were done about 5 years ago in my fairly well equipped home studio. This was the last project done before it was dismantled (see my rant in the 'Vocal mics' thread).

All live players with the exception of a Roland DR880 drum machine as my room would not accomodate live drummer.

Our contractual obligation is over and the CD is no longer available. So I'm free to post the tunes now. We are checking into posting as an mp3 download on Amazon and elsewhere.

I'm posting these just to give some of my musical history and proficiency (or lack thereof ;-) ... Still a rookie at BIAB / RealBand however and learning a TON from you guys !!

Tunes done exclusively with RealTracks (and Garritan) and a single live lap steel part can be heard in the 1st SoundCloud link in my signature for a taste of where I'm at with the PG products.
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: "Workin' Wife" - 01/27/12 01:41 AM
Thanks Mitch for the explanation.

Cheers

Nelson
Posted By: MarioD Re: "Workin' Wife" - 01/27/12 01:32 PM
I can only add one thing OUTSTANDING
© PG Music Forums