PG Music Home
This is Song 1 of 14½ for the FAWM 2012 Songwriting Challenge. The Style is Country Rock With 12 String.

It is the instrument group loaded with the style, no changes. Songs will be done quickly to insure getting completed. After Fawm is over I will go back and work on any critiques. All tips and tricks are alway appreciated. It is all realtracks using BIAB 2012.

Bass=520 Elec Pop
Piano=690 B3 Organ Background
RD=Nashville Outlaw^10 SN ride
Gtr=1682 12 String Acoustic Fp
Strings=524 Acoustic Strum

One Drop Of Blood
I get an error with IE9...maybe Reverbnation is down right now ?
Nice! Even in it's "unpolished" state, it works quite well, which says a lot both for BiaB, the song and your singing.

The line "That's when I pointed to the cross..." is particularly nice in how it changes the rhythmic pattern.

The chorus works well, but I think a similar effect on the chorus on the line "One drop of blood/covered all my sin" to break the expected pattern would make it even more memorable.

On the second verse, "Satan will try" and "try to convince you" feel like a forced fit compared with the rest of the lyrics. Similarly, the break between "He seeks out" and "whom he may devour" sticks as being just a bit too unnatural.

This would be a great with a big gospel choir on the end chorus, especially if the choir was echoing the lyric, rather than singing with you. Maybe we'll get a "RealGospelChoir" in BiaB 2013?

Cutting the song at "Nothing but the blood of Jesus" would give a more dramatic ending.

The drums are too relentless for my taste. Obviously, working on builds and bringing things in and out (especially the drums). As you said, you just used the straight tracks, so there's lots of room for tweaks.

Thanks for posting!
Thanks dcuny for the comments. As soon as Fawm is over I will give your tips a whirl, thanks! MitchC thanks for attempting to listen.
Posted By: PgFantastic Died To Set Them Free/ Gospel Rock - 02/03/12 02:41 AM
Here is song 2 in the FAWM Challenge. I forgot to write down the instruments, I will try to list them tomorrow. They are all real tracks from biab 2012.

Died To Set Them Free
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop - 02/03/12 10:30 PM
Song #3 of FAWM uses Real tracks.
Bass=701 Elec Pop half note ev 85
Gtr=365 Acoustic FP
RD= Nashville ev 8^5HIhat,ride
Gtr=362 Acoustic Strum

Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop

NOTE: Here are the realtracks I used for song 2 Died to set them Free, I forgot to add them before.

388 Bass
425 B3organ
Drums=Nashville ev 8^hihat0ride
499 Elec Rhy GTR
505 Elec Rhy
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop - 02/04/12 12:20 PM
Robert is it that time again, you are a song writing machine! Looks like you will make it in plenty of time this year. Love One Drop of Blood, that's as far as I have made it today back soon. Hope you have a BLESSED day !
Posted By: dcuny Re: Waitin' On The Shoe To Drop - 02/04/12 07:06 PM
As noted, you're on a tear.

"Died to Set Them Free" is a straight ahead rocker. I like how you dropped everything but the drums. The last time around, I was thinking "It was unique the first time... I needs something different now, like someone witnessing..." and lo and behold, ask and you shall receive.

My only comment is that it the "Alleluia" vocals seem a bit restrained. Yeah, you won't hear me say that very often about your songs.

"Waiting for the Shoe to Drop" is nicely done - classic setup, and I love how the lyrics are turned around. But - for me - "It's been a month this Sunday" after that build isn't enough. Given how you've set this up, and how insidious a problem drinking can be, I need something more than that to "sell" me that the singer can start preaching to me.

But dang... you're a songwriting machine!
Here is song 4 in this years FAWM installment. I got the idea for the title from an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. The Instruments are

Bass 379 Elec Double Time
RD= Nashville Train EV16^1stksnr,stksnrR16
Gtr=Acoustic Strumming

(Mom Still Takes My Temperature) The Old Fashion Way
Ha I laughed my behind off Robert, very funny song! Thanks for sharing it was a real hoot ! Hope you have a BLESSED SUNDAY Robert !
Robert, that's such a clever idea for a song - well put together and I really did laugh out loud! Well done!
Very funny! Glad you decided to speak the lyric vs. singing... funnier.

I hope it's not a true story, but if so, I would recommend shopping online, rather than the mall.

Cheers! See you on FAWM.
Robert,

You are a songwriting machine! Great job on these...

Bob
Thanks dcuny, Tommyc, Skyline, Brallan, rsdean for the feedback. I appreciate all of your feedback and suggestions. Thanks to all who have gave the songs a listen. Brallan loved the shopping on line comment, LOL.

My Music
I'm glad to learn about FAWM...I think I'm going to do it! Starting on 2/6 means I'll have a really short month!
Join it is fun.
Robert,

God has surely blessed you with a gift! As has already been stated, you are a songwriting machine! I will have to do one of these challenges someday. I just don't think I could keep up with you! When do you sleep?

Keep it up!

Steve
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Supper Heros - 02/08/12 12:07 AM
Here is song 5 of Fawm. It is realtracks

Style is Ctryballad w pedal steel
bass=366
RD=Nashville ev 8^2 SS, Hihat
gtr=522 FP acoustic
gtr=405 Strum acoustic

Supper Heros

Thanks tano music and Steve Young for your comments.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Am Free Gospel - 02/09/12 03:18 AM
Here is song #6 for FAWM. The style used is 12STACS, The instruments are:

Bass=700 Bass Elec Pop Half Notes Push
Guitar 1=365 Acoustic FP
Guitar 2=1118 12 String Acoustic Strum
Piano=1690 Acoustic Piano
Strings=1543 Synth Pad Pop Believe

The vocal is a one take. All suggestions and comments are welcome. Thank you!

I Am Free
Posted By: Brallan Re: I Am Free Gospel - 02/09/12 03:39 AM
Very nice, Robert. Your voice is utterly convincing.

"Presence" is the word that comes to mind.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Fight Game Called Life - 02/10/12 11:19 PM
Song 7 of FAWM is a another funny song. I used some boxing sound effects in this one.

Instruments are 427 Bass Acoustic
604 Gtr Elect Chet comp
607 Gtr Nylon Chet
RD= Ctry train brushes

Fight Game Called Life
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Fight Game Called Life - 02/11/12 08:52 PM
I really enjoyed it Robert! Thanks for sharing Robert!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: I Am Free Gospel - 02/12/12 12:41 AM
hi robert god bless you nice work you have a great voice love the song eric
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: SING - 02/14/12 06:04 AM
Here is song #8 in the FAWM challenge. It is all midi this time. I used Orchestral Piano Arpeggios style.

The instruments are 33 Bass Acoustic string bass
1 Acoustic Piano
61 French Horn
50 Slow Strings

SING

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on the songs thus far.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: That's How They Know/ Uptempo Gospel - 02/15/12 02:33 AM
Here is song 9 of 14 and 1/2 for FAWM.

Instruments are 1205 Bass Acoustic
1551 Piano
RD Ctry Swing
816 Electric Gtr
1476 Organ no bass
1198 Acoustic Rhytm

That's How They Know
This weeks challenge for FAWM was called Big Topic, meaning some type of big life topic. War, racism, and hate gave me the idea for this song. It is song 10 of 14½.

Instruments are 1012 Electric Bass, Rd=Blues Shuffle hard^Hihat-ride, 1013 Electric Gutiar Rhythm Crisp Rock, 1016 Electric Rhythm Fuzzy. There is also a soloist guitar realtrack.

By God's Design
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Try //Country Love Song - 02/18/12 12:49 AM
Here is song 11 of the FAWM, As always any feedback is greatly appreciated.

The instruments for this song are all Acoustic Guitars
365 Acoustic Finger Pick
1680 Acoustic 12 str
362 Acoustic Strum
1118 Acoustic Strum 12 Str

I Try
Posted By: Tommyc Re: I Try //Country Love Song - 02/18/12 03:21 PM
Very cool song, you have some great lyrics pouring out on this one. Thanks for sharing Robert!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Try //Country Love Song - 02/19/12 06:50 PM
Thanks Tommyc for the listen and feedback, greatly appreciated.

My Music
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Give To You//Ballad, Gospel, Rock - 02/21/12 06:19 AM
Song 12 of FAWM I went with a minor key progression. The instruments did not save so I am not sure what the numbers are.

they are Electric bass, drums, Acoustic piano, lead guitar, Electric dreamy rhythm guitar.

I Give To You
Posted By: Tommyc Re: I Give To You//Ballad, Gospel, Rock - 02/21/12 05:01 PM
Wow Robert you always make some great Praise tunes! You better step it up if you want to make the deadline! At least you have an extra day this year! Hope you have a blessed day!
Robert,

Just listened to your songs posted here, and wow very nice.
You're a prolific and talented song writer.
Don't know what the FAWM 2012 Songwriting Challenge is all about, but good luck with it.

Tim
Thanks Tommy C, and Tim for the feedback. Tim you can find Fawm at Fawm.org. It stands for February Album Writing Month. The goal is to right 14 songs in 28 days in a non leap year. In a leap year the goal is to write a14+ a half song, lol. It means you collaborate on at least one song, although it is not mandatory.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Am Free (My Testimony) - 02/22/12 03:51 AM
On this song I used a different method for mastering. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what I can do to improve the quality of the sound. It is song 13 in FAWM, I am almost done. Thanks everyone who has been listening throughout and all of the feedback. It is much appreciated. I am listening to it all, and I plan on going through and remixing some of these songs using the tips I have got.

The instruments for this song are
Bass=1255 Elec Bass
Piano=1264 Acoustic
Rd=Praise and Worship Shine AB ev 120
Guitar=1256 Electric Rhythm

I Am Free(My Testimony)
Posted By: Tommyc Re: I Am Free (My Testimony) - 02/22/12 01:10 PM
Love it Robert, I am only listening on cheap headphones so not sure about what it sounds like right now. I am Free Too ! John 3:16 I bet you are a blessing to your church! Have a Blessed day!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: I Am Free (My Testimony) - 02/23/12 07:29 AM
Thanks Tommyc!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: Do The Tebow - 02/23/12 07:39 AM
My sons are huge Denver Broncos fans, so I just had to write this. It is song 14 in the FAWM, I am only a collab away. The instruments are

1583 Electric Bass-
1591 Acoustic Piano-
RD=Blues, Rock Shuffle
1585 Guitar electric rhythm

Do The Tebow
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Do The Tebow - 02/23/12 07:11 PM
Fun Song Robert! Looks like you will make it plenty of time!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: It's Not In The Cards - 02/25/12 01:51 AM
Here is song 141/2 for FAWM, lol. The lyrics were written by Geneva Griffin,

Geneva Griffin

the music is Biab real tracks.

It's Not In The Cards

Thanks Tommyc for the feedback!
Posted By: Tommyc Re: It's Not In The Cards - 02/28/12 12:04 PM
Hi Robert, glad to see you made it with time to spare! Geneva wrote a nice song for you. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Steve Young Re: It's Not In The Cards - 02/29/12 01:35 AM
Congratulations, Robert on completing the challenge! My hat's off to you, brother! Good job!

Steve
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: It's Not In The Cards - 03/01/12 09:45 PM
Thanks Tommyc and Steve for the comments. FAWM is always fun.

My Music
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: It's Not In The Cards - 03/05/12 04:25 AM
Thanks everyone for all of the tips and support during FAWM. In my book this is the best music site without exception.

My Music
PGF,
Nice song. Great message. I'm in awe of you folks who are so prolific. Good luck on the FAWM Challenge.
SD
© PG Music Forums