PG Music Home
Hey everyone,

Here's a newage instrumental I wrote last night.
I Originally composed it on and for the piano, but decided to do a rendition in BIAB.
Hope you like it.

Link:
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11481315&q=hi

Title: Walking along The Shore.
By Tim Lawrence

Instruments used in this song
Bass midi Tyros149 Strings
Bass midi Tyros1 36 Fretless Elec.
Piano RT 365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
Guitar RT 365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
Strings RT 1602:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16 Ev16 065
Strings midi Tyros1 Symphony horns, Strings from ARPORK44.sty
Melody midi Tyros1
Soloist midi Tyros1

Tim
Tim,

My favorite taste in music is presentations like this.
Really enjoyed it.

James Cameron has hot new project going, you may get a knock on your door.
Melody with the guitar picking goes really well, bringing in the Tyros strings is great.
The strings play an important part in your composition.

Question regarding this rendition.

How did you record this?
You have 5 backing tracks including the TYROS ( I have PSR-3000)
And also the also melody and Solo.

Do you have multi track recorder ?

Thanks for sharing you hard work with us.
You've got mail.
Thanks much Frank.

Well I could have exported the BIAB generated wav files to Sonar and recorded the extra parts that way, but decided to se if I could do this project exclusively using BIAb.

I first put in the chords for the song and selected a classical midi style to play while I recorded in the melodies to the melody and solo tracks.
I liked the bass and string parts from that classical style so muted the rest of the style except the bass, string, solo and melody parts.
I then used the record feature in the audio menu to record those parts to a wav file.
Then I deleted both the melody and solo tracks from BIAb. I could have just muted them, but thought at the time I'd need those tracks for other parts.
I replaced the bass part with another bass part from another midi classical style
Replaced the Piano and guitar parts with realtracks and the string part with a RT piano part.
I then recorded again choosing overdub instead of overwrite from the record menu witch added that other bass part to the wav file.
After some adjusting of panning and volume I rendered all of that to a final wav file.
Then converted to MP3 and that's it.

Tim
Tim,

This is beautiful! You did a great job putting this together. Nice instrumentation. Good mix and production. Keep up the good work!

Steve
Tim, that's a stunning piece. Beautifully conceived and executed.

There's a trace of noise right at the end after the instruments end at 3:32 to 3:34. Not sure how you can fix that if this was all done inside BIAB, except editing the MP3/WAV after export from BIAB?

I really enjoyed this piece, you must be justifiably proud of it!

John
Tim,

Beautiful! I envisioned a fabulous nature scene being accompanied by this piece as a soundtrack. It's far better than many "professional" soundtracks that I've heard.

Keep up the great work.
Very nice!
hi tim wow this is great song and mix very pro sounding thanks for sharing eric
Great job Tim! Nice blend of MIDI and RealTracks.
Tim,

very nice!
Very nice composition. Wonderful melody. Thanks 4 sharing.

My Music
Tim,
Simply beautiful! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
SD
Tim,

This one is great!

Cheers,

Superbron
Very Mellow and relaxing, Tim!
Tim,

Really enjoyed this piece. Much depth and richness and so soothing to the senses. After hearing so much "noise" that is out there on the airwaves this is so refreshing.
Hi guys,

Thank you very much
seeker
Steve Young
Don Gaynor
pontis
John
eric
PeterGannon
Pat Marr
PgFantastic
SpaceDog
Superbron
Tommyc
Valderine Zudell

for takeing the time to listen and comment on my song.
Very much appreciated.

Tim
Nice tracks. New here end of March, catching up on posts.
Hey Malcolm,

Thank you for listening and taking the time to comment.
Appreciate that.

Tim
Oh, wow, Tim! That raised the hair on the nape o' me wee Oyrish neck. Simply gorgeous orchestral backing track and acoustic strum, so smooth and soothing to listen to. Puts one in a relaxed mood. Thank you, my friend. How you accomplish such beautiful music without sight amazes me. More please.
Thanks much Don.

Tim
One of the best I've heard here!
nice work.
wss
Quote:

One of the best I've heard here!
nice work.
wss

A BIG +1
Hey Westside Steve and Mario,

Thanks guys for taking the time to listen to my song. Much appreciated.

Tim
Hey Tim,

I love how this flows.
Tim,

I just love your music. This one is just so beautiful.

Debra
Thank you so much Debra.

Tim
VERY nice, Thanks for sharing!

My only thought is that it is leaning to the Left in the stereo spread a little too much on my 2 systems, but it does NOT take away from the joy of listening to it!
Wow....didn't expect that...a refreshing change...well done, nicely balanced...gonna give that a second listen.......
Very nice Tim. very soothing and relaxing!
Thank you to
jcspro40, MountainSide, and Beagle
Your comments are Much appreciated.

jcspro40, thank you so much for letting me know about the imbalance of the mix.
I have a slight hearing loss in my left ear and tend to Compensate for that when mixing sometimes.
That's a bad habit I need to brake.

Tim
Quote:

I have a slight hearing loss in my left ear and tend to Compensate for that when mixing sometimes.

Your very Welcome Tim!

And I know what you are going thru, mine is the Right ear from decades of drumming....

Whenever I am in doubt I just check the waveform either visually, or using a WaveLab or Wavosaur for the metering. I am not beyond using the tools available at all!
© PG Music Forums