PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog You Gave Me Music - 03/05/12 07:50 PM
Dear Forum Friends,
Thank you for your feedback last week on "Just We Two." I'm glad you liked it.
I'd like to share with you the next song on my soundclick page http://www.soundclick.com/dcspacedog. It's called "You Gave Me Music." Last year I started writing songs again after a about a thirty-year hiatus. This song was the first of the new batch and I wanted my first one to say "thank you" to all my musical mentors over the years. They include my friends, family, teachers, and all the great musicians I learned from and was inspired by. There's more on the webpage about the song.
I hope you like it!
SD

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11468534&q=hi&newref=1

Here's the song info:
****** Song Summary *************
Title: You Gave Me Music
Key=F , Tempo 145, Length (m:s)=4:09

Soloist is saved with the song : ROCK: Stones Jam 8ths (191)
Style is SMILING.STY (Smiling - 70s Rock - ev8 feel)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Bright Piano (2), Clean Electric Guit (28), Brass Section (62),
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)
Posted By: Tim Lawrence Re: You Gave Me Music - 03/05/12 08:29 PM
Hey SD, now I like this a lot.
You've got a good voice, I wish I had your tone.

I think the song is good and vocals are fine.
However I think you need to do more on the production side of things. I think that would take a good song and make it great.
Tim
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: You Gave Me Music - 03/05/12 10:42 PM
Nice lyrics and vocal, Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: You Gave Me Music - 03/06/12 10:45 PM
hi spacedog good tune i like your vocals thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: You Gave Me Music - 03/07/12 01:03 PM
F.M.M.
Thanks. I used the TC Helicon vocal harmonizer on the chorus. It's a pretty cool tool and sound Okay.
SD
Posted By: MarioD Re: You Gave Me Music - 03/07/12 04:01 PM
I like this one a lot, very good vocals, excellent backing tracks and super piano playing.

This mix is better than the last one. However I think the horns can come up a tad, but that’s just my opinion.

A super tribute BTW.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: You Gave Me Music - 03/07/12 04:19 PM
MarioD,
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. The piano riffs are inspired by a classical piano technique exercise (Hanon Virtuoso)that I torture myself with every night.
About the horns, I like what BB generated but I'm not thrilled with the sound. I'm using the MIDI synth that came with BB 2011 (Coyote). I'd sure like a tip on a better MIDI synth for brass and reeds if anyone has one.
Thanks
SD
Posted By: Superbron Re: You Gave Me Music - 03/07/12 07:23 PM
Hi spacedog. I especially liked the piano play: great!
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: You Gave Me Music - 03/07/12 08:56 PM
Superbron,
Thanks so much. I'm humbled and glad you liked it!
SD
© PG Music Forums