PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/18/12 01:30 AM
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11513449&q=hi&newref=1

Totally out of my comfort zone but fun nonetheless. My Canadian cousin wanted a fiddle tune to teach clogging. I'm not sure this is clog-able but she likes it, eh?

It is 4 choruses with a style change on the 3rd chorus to bring in the banjo chops.

I forgot to make note of the two sty1es but I'll check and post back.

Critiques are invited, as always.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/18/12 02:45 AM
Don,

Love the way this one moves along - very nice! Sounds like a Saturday night Barn Dance...

Bob
Posted By: Tim Lawrence Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/18/12 03:51 AM
Don,

No dancing for this cowboy.
I think I'll just sit this one out and sip at the jug awhile.
I could almost smell the hay with this one.
Good job sir.

Tim
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/19/12 01:10 AM
hi don great tune i love it thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/21/12 04:51 PM
Don,
Nice job. Bluegrass is so much fun! I'll have to try it sometime. Thanks for sharing.
SD
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/21/12 05:38 PM
SD, my friend, Mike Auldridge picks resonator guitar in a group called Chesapeake up in your neck of the woods. If you are a budding bluegrasser, Mike will convert you properly. Mentioning my name, along with a Canadian Looney will still get you a cup of coffee, I've heard.

Mike played 24 years with a group called The Seldom Scene and has backed the top names in Country and Pop music including Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Dolly Parton, et al. Youtube has a recent interview with Mike that enumerates his many awards and yet he's a very humble man.
Posted By: Malmck Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/21/12 06:24 PM
Nice tracks. Was this done with RealTracks? Have you tried chopping up any of the RealTracks audio files into loops to create new melodies?
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/21/12 06:58 PM
Yes, that was RTs. So far, I haven't scratched the surface of the many available in BIAB but I have created some loops before.
Posted By: vzudell Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/21/12 08:47 PM
This is some really nice bluegrass. Enjoyed every minute even if I'm not a clogger.

Val
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/21/12 09:27 PM
Thanks, Val, it's much appreciated and very encouraging.
You might enjoy my YouTube effort here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0e_VGQPT7c&feature=channel

Posted By: Steve Young Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/22/12 02:14 AM
Don,

Boy this one really takes me back! I remember as a child, my dad (was a strumming guitar player and a decent singer) would get together with friends on Friday nights to have what he called a "jam session". This was the kind of music that would invariably end up being played. I remember sitting at his feet in admiration of his talent. As I grew older, I got more into rock music, but I never forgot my country roots!

Thanks for sharing this!

Steve
Posted By: vzudell Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/22/12 11:40 PM
Don,
I went to your link on You Tube and enjoyed every minute of the beautiful sunsets and the relaxing music. Thanks for the link. Also enjoyed visiting your Soundclick page page.

Val
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/23/12 03:17 PM
Val,

I went and listened to your song on Soundclick. Wow, what a beautiful voice you have my little lady! Although Gospel is not my strong suit (I have my reasons), your talent was very obvious. Do you also play? Was that you on the backing track? Very nice, at any rate. Thank you for the link and I am anxious to hear more.

Do you have any Pop tunes with your vox? I'll bet that many people on these forums would like to collaborate with you and having you singing the vocals.

Thanks again,

Don
Posted By: vzudell Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/23/12 09:34 PM
Don,
Glad you went and listened to my song. Yes I do play. Used to play keyboard (and singing) with a country band (5 yrs)and then later I did some duo gigs with the guitar man but as many are aware now on this forum, after a bout with bronchial pneumonia last year, I lost my singing voice. They are all praying for my voice to return and I hope it will too but it has been several months now and still when I try to sing, nothing comes out. Even in just talking I am terribly hoarse so I've been working on instrumentals for now. Anything to stay involved with music.
If I ever do get my voice back I would be happy to collaborate because I've learned that music needs to be shared to get the greatest enjoyment from it. Thank you for you comments. They are appreciated.

Val
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/23/12 10:34 PM
Val,

I am so sorry to learn that, your voice was so refreshing to hear.

If you have read my comments you may have learned that a stroke has left me both paralyzed and mute, a double whammy to a former singer/guitarist. BIAB has brought me out of withdrawal and back into immersing myself in my music again, but I can certainly empathize with your loss of speech, even to your limited degree.

I must communicate via a DynaVox Speech Synthesis Device and I am so grateful for that technology and to the Veterans' Administration for giving it to me. In fact, I am conducting experiments whereby I may be able to sing again, of sorts.

Don
Posted By: vzudell Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/24/12 04:37 AM
Don,
I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your voice and that the stroke left you paralyzed. That is truly a double whammy! But on the bright side I'm so glad that we both have Band-In-A Box, since music is the greatest therapy in the world. Once one has participated in a group, nothing can quite replace that but BIAB runs a close second. It fills the void and stimulates the imagination to stay productive. I just recently became aware of this forum where it seems to me to exhibit a lot of the comraderie that I have missed so much.
Sure hoping that the experiments you are doing will lead you to be able to sing again. Please do keep us informed of your progress.

Val
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/24/12 04:55 AM
Val,

The link in my signature has 30 second samples of my pre-stroke voice. You might get a kick out of them. They are covers so I'm letting that site dry up due to the copyright infringement issues in the news of late.

I would sincerely appreciate your comments.

Don
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Bluegrass Fiddle Tune - 03/24/12 11:17 AM
I would love to be able play fiddle like that, very cool song Don! Thanks for sharing!
© PG Music Forums