PG Music Home
Posted By: Malmck Mountain Girl - 03/21/12 03:24 PM
http://soundcloud.com/malcolm-mckinney/02-mountain-girl

First Post - Been using BINB for a long time, at least 15 years.
Sorry,can't list style, I combine tracks using Hybrid style maker, did not put style choices in memo (will in future). for example, last style generated, though not for this song is called 20JonAnd Drums C_soft, Bass C_sweet, piano CR_jones, Guitar C2_andy, Strings CR_jones

After I generate BINB song, I edit some in Powertracks, then open in Mackie Traction 3. I Mostly use Sample Tank instruments. Do more midi editing, especially bass drums and piano, then add vocals and my own guitar. Final mix is done in Mackie Traction 3.

On new CD "Seasons of Life"
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Mountain Girl - 03/21/12 04:37 PM
Malcolm,
Beautiful harmony. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.
SD
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mountain Girl - 03/21/12 06:09 PM
Malcolm,

You, Sir, have just defined my taste in the Americana genre. Simply fabulous, my amigo. Reminiscent of the old Carter Family songs when I was but a wee bit'o a laddie.

The only thing I missed would have been a nice acoustic guitar break just before the bridge but that is very subjective. You've got a beautiful keeper there. Thank you so much for sharing that and recalling wonderful memories of my youth to this tired old Irishman. Heading back now to hear your others.

You have a wonderful voice, by the way. I'm anxious to hear much more of your songs. very refreshing.
Posted By: Malmck Re: Mountain Girl - 03/21/12 06:16 PM
Thanks for the comments. I do a solo act with guitar and I am not a fluent lead player, so I don't put many instrument solos in my recordings.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Mountain Girl - 03/21/12 06:50 PM
Malcolm, you do such a wonderful job on this that a guitar break is not really necessary.

Thanks again.

Don
Posted By: vzudell Re: Mountain Girl - 03/21/12 08:05 PM
Oh my...I think I have just found the love of my life!!! This song is is a perfect combination of beautiful simple music with the right lyrics and the most rich and fabulous vocal I have ever heard!!!! I must hear more of this type of song.
Posted By: Tim Lawrence Re: Mountain Girl - 03/21/12 10:06 PM
Malcolm,

I had to listen to this one twice.
Very, very nice my friend. You sure can sing.
Looking forward to hearing more.

Tim
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Mountain Girl - 03/21/12 10:29 PM
Refreshing.

Love the harmonies.
Well constructed folk tune.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Mountain Girl - 03/22/12 01:06 AM
Well done! On all levels.

Later,
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Mountain Girl - 03/22/12 02:21 AM
Malcolm,

Once again, a great job on this one! Thanks for sharing it!

Steve
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Mountain Girl - 03/22/12 05:07 AM
Nice Sangin Malcolm!
Posted By: occ Re: Mountain Girl - 03/24/12 03:15 AM
This is awesome!! All your songs are great. You are a very talented person.Keep up the good work!! occ
© PG Music Forums